Incoming hit feedback sounds

TechnoMuffinTechnoMuffin Join Date: 2004-05-16 Member: 28713Members, Constellation
I'm new to the NS2 beta, so I'm not sure to what length it may have been discussed already (searching didn't turn up anything), so forgive me if it has been done ^^.

In the couple dozen games I played over the week (build 185), I feel like it's incredibly difficult to tell when I've been hit in combat. Part of this is the lag everyone's been having with 185, and that's fine, and part of it is just that the health stats are kind of out of the way in the corner there, but I find the big part is that I don't seem to get sufficient sound feedback when taking hits, be it from aliens or bullets or otherwise. I find myself constantly in combat feeling like I'm getting one-shotted because I don't even notice that I took a hit, let alone several. So I feel some brush up on incoming hit sound effects may need added to the to-do list if it isn't on there already ^^.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Heroman117Heroman117 Join Date: 2010-07-28 Member: 73268Members
    There is already the red-screen as your health gets dangerously low, and as far as im concerned it seems there is sufficient feedback when your hit especially for marines, since you can hear your rine yelping in pain everytime he takes damage.

As for aliens the same red-screen warning is also present, but i suppose the sound of gunshots hitting you could be slightly increased.
  • simon kamakazisimon kamakazi Join Date: 2009-04-28 Member: 67296Members
    yep agreed we r still looking into this, there are already sounds for this type of feedback but some are still bugging out and i need to tweek the levels,

these are very important sounds so i want to get them sounding right.
  • NurEinMenschNurEinMensch Join Date: 2003-02-26 Member: 14056Members, Constellation
    This is what I love about UW. Find a problem? Post on their forum and more often than not the responsible dev will answer personally.