Interactive Maps

snooopssnooops Germany Join Date: 2008-12-08 Member: 65702Members, Reinforced - Shadow
Hi,
what about more interaction in maps, like terminals or buttons. I would really like it, and waterfalls or dripping water.

And another question i have, i allways got between 25 and 40 fps regardless the detail settings i have. Here my PC hardware:

CPU: Intel Core i5 760 @2.80 Ghz
RAM: 8 GB DDR3
Graphic: ATI Radeon 4890 HD XT

Ok so i dont have problems with some low fps during the game if i can see why (level of detail and effects) but here in this game i miss the level of detail, really!

Greetings Snooops

Comments

• NixxenNixxen Join Date: 2004-02-11 Member: 26401Members
    The lower FPS in build 185 compared to 184 is mostly because of the collision checking being done on the client side instead of the server side.

The game itself is not optimized yet, but every patch(mostly at least. The last one being one of a few exceptions) have had slow and steady FPS boosts due to various optimizations.
  • Smug_LobsterSmug_Lobster Join Date: 2009-06-22 Member: 67903Members
    This last patch has had a fps decrease for me :( I went from about 10-15 fps while in an empty room to 5-8 fps.

Guess I shoulda bought a mac to play it on, I hear they are "better at graphics" lmao
  • ZycaRZycaR Join Date: 2002-11-12 Member: 8263Members
    The game is not now much about graphics card. I can run 10-15FPS on my old gaming notebook on different settings / resolutions.
    On new one - Core i7 I have about 40-60.
  • KalabalanaKalabalana Join Date: 2003-11-14 Member: 22859Members
    i7 920 @ 2.66 (stock) w/ 5870.

In small games with less than 6 people, it runs like a dream. In larger games, after a few rounds have been played, it's approximately a 10 FPS experience.

Regardless, I see the progress being made, and understand this was a necessary step for the engine. I'm biting the bullet, and looking forward to the next patch with a smile :)