Spark Editor eating my computer

LoftlessLoftless Join Date: 2007-09-16 Member: 62332Members
So, having a grand old time with Spark Editor.

Can't even get it to do much of anything at the moment.

Open Spark Editor, click maximize, it won't redraw the viewport (so it sticks at the small size), then my entire computer starts to chug, can't click on things, mouse sluggish. Only way to fix the issue is Task Manager, end process.

Anyone else have similar issues? I did a forum search, found really nothing pertaining to the subject. Checked GetSatisfaction, also didn't see any similar issues.

Nearest I can find, the editor isn't updating the window. Ever.

Any help greatly appreciated from those of you who have been messing with the editor for a while.

As far as specs go:
nVidia GTX 460 2gb (Dual Monitors)
Intel Core i5 Quadcore 2.8
4g DDR3 1600

Comments

• HackepeterHackepeter Join Date: 2003-06-08 Member: 17107Members, Constellation
    Standard question: Windows and all drivers are up to date?
  • LoftlessLoftless Join Date: 2007-09-16 Member: 62332Members
    edited August 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1871949:date=Aug 29 2011, 06:03 PM:name=Hackepeter)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hackepeter @ Aug 29 2011, 06:03 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1871949"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Standard question: Windows and all drivers are up to date?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Most certainly. Was the first check.

Question for anyone who knows: Are NS2 and Spark Editor using the same rendering engine?

Simply because, 185 has ruined my ability to play, so it might share some coincidence. With multiple monitors, I find some builds have worked fine, some have screwed me over. This may be part of the issue. Still searching the forums, no luck so far.

EDIT: Okay, while searching I was doing a full re-install. Apparently must have been something to do with that. All SEEMS to be well now. Thanks :)
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    I can't be certain, but it is probably not using the same lighting system. Well in-game Bloom might have something to do with that, but do lights to tend to come out a tad bit brighter in-game compared to in-editor
  • fmponefmpone Join Date: 2011-07-05 Member: 108086Members, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1871985:date=Aug 29 2011, 08:51 PM:name=Kouji_San)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kouji_San @ Aug 29 2011, 08:51 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1871985"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I can't be certain, but it is probably not using the same lighting system. Well in-game Bloom might have something to do with that, but do lights to tend to come out a tad bit brighter in-game compared to in-editor<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ugh. Do they ever