Cinematics

JonacrabJonacrab Join Date: 2003-08-02 Member: 18705Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester
<div class="IPBDescription">How do you get them going?</div>So Im just testing the cinematic editor, all I did was make a light that pulses in intensity and radius. Within the cinematic editor, it plays fine, I saved it, then loaded a cinematic entity in the map editor, set the file, and set it to "loop"(i tried endless as well)however, it does not seem toplay in-game. At the very least it may only play once and then stop, but I cant even verify that since the cinematic is not somewhere I can get to quickly, so I never actually see it play, if in fact it does. I did turn cheats on, so the match was going.

What am I missing? :P

Comments

• ZurikiZuriki Join Date: 2010-11-20 Member: 75105Members
    Works for me. Maybe you set the frame count really high so it takes forever to start a new loop?
  • JonacrabJonacrab Join Date: 2003-08-02 Member: 18705Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester
    Hmm... no, it should be 100 (assuming that "time Settings" is what determines the frames, I just mention that because its confusing how if thats set to 100, but you play the animation, the timer will just keep going beyond 100) I did set the level, does that effect anything? Originally I repositioned the light in the set level and saved it, which didnt work, then I tried setting the origin back to 0, which also didnt work. The location of the file is not in my NS2 folder... maybe the game doesnt like that. Any other ideas? Ill try starting over with it again, but is there any special step I need to do besides A. create light B. Keyframe animations, C. Save

Like I said, when I am in the cinematic editor, the animation plays, but in game it just didnt do anything. Ill try it again :P
  • Dragon-GuardDragon-Guard Join Date: 2011-07-25 Member: 112159Members
    edited August 2011
    edit:

nvm, didnt read properly
  • ZurikiZuriki Join Date: 2010-11-20 Member: 75105Members
    Don't set a level. I think that's the problem, I never set a level and all mine work.
  • SN.WolfSN.Wolf Join Date: 2010-03-29 Member: 71115Members
    i set one at 240 frames and it works fine. There seems to be a bug if you set it to do anything other than default for continuous or loop. Been a while but it has to due with that setting. Leave it default and it will work.
  • JonacrabJonacrab Join Date: 2003-08-02 Member: 18705Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester
    Well, the way I ended up fixing it was to put the cinematic file within the NS2 folder, as soon as I did that, it started working, even with the level set. So the level set doesnt prevent it from working, not sure about the loop thing, but ill keep that in mind.
  • SN.WolfSN.Wolf Join Date: 2010-03-29 Member: 71115Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1869441:date=Aug 16 2011, 01:04 PM:name=Jonacrab)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jonacrab @ Aug 16 2011, 01:04 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1869441"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Well, the way I ended up fixing it was to put the cinematic file within the NS2 folder.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I see what you did, I was unaware you did not save it to it permanent directory.

I save mine in it's own folder under cinematics like this--->

\natural selection 2\ns2\cinematics\clandestine, then I choose the cinematic from there from the editor and just distribute that folder directory structure with my level. making a sub-folder with corresponding names for material,sounds,cinematics and models is the best way for end users to remove the level and content easily if they wish to do so.
  • [=Alex=][=Alex=] Join Date: 2008-12-25 Member: 65866Members, Squad Five Blue
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJrPyc8NSqw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJrPyc8NSqw</a>

A flickering light test
    I was intrigued to see if they could do and I had no problem.
    had already solved the issue anyway.