IP / Egg spawns

JuCCiJuCCi Join Date: 2011-08-08 Member: 114961Members, NS2 Map Tester
<div class="IPBDescription">Controled spawns</div>I come alot and id like to be able to control where my troops spawn from. EI - as marines if you have 2 comm stations, you should have ip's at both. Right now it a random spawning system. It would be nice if i could click the ip and select the next guy to spawn on that ip. Same for aliens select the hive people spawn at.

Comments

• ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I'd rather the player be able to choose their spawn location (by clicking on the desired tech node on the minimap). However, this has been requested for a while and doesn't seem to be a big priority for UWE.
  • KalabalanaKalabalana Join Date: 2003-11-14 Member: 22859Members
    edited August 2011
    Great idea, here's my contribution, what if a hive has a "spawn" status (a toggleable button in menu), or something more aptly named, which causes it's eggs to always be used first when aliens are spawning. This status can be applied to multiple hives.

EDIT: This will work in conjunction with the player controlled ability to choose which egg they spawn in as well, which I think should also be in the game. Nice point scardybob.
  • McGlaspieMcGlaspie www.team156.com Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73044Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester
    I suspect UWE is holding off on things like selectable spawns because they want to try experimenting with Squad spawning and other similar ideas.
  • KalabalanaKalabalana Join Date: 2003-11-14 Member: 22859Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1868193:date=Aug 10 2011, 03:03 PM:name=McGlaspie)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (McGlaspie @ Aug 10 2011, 03:03 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1868193"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I suspect UWE is holding off on things like selectable spawns because they want to try experimenting with Squad spawning and other similar ideas.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I suspect they might, but even better we can figure out an ideal setup, and even possibly make it ourselves! Power of LUA (if you know it, which currently I do not, lol)
  • subshadowsubshadow Join Date: 2003-04-21 Member: 15710Members
    I like the random spawning as alien.
    Sometimes it works against you, by not spawning at a hive under attack. Sometimes it brings a benefit, spawning at the hive the furthest from the frontline, and catching a ninjamarine on the way over.
  • SewlekSewlek The programmer previously known as Schimmel Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16247Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Developer
    i was experimenting with placing eggs manually as alien comm (in addition to the normal eggs) for team res, which turned out quite useful. you could use this feature to allow forward spawning anywhere on infestation, and i was thinking about prioritizing those manual placed eggs over the automatically spawned. (i will change the system to consume a drifter in future)

such an egg costs now 5 t.res, I think this simple idea adds great tactical options to the alien comm. (alien comm can also dump his p.res by placing gorge- / lerk- / fade-eggs in which players can spawn or use them)