Alien Commander

IactoIacto Join Date: 2010-11-23 Member: 75209Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Is so dark</div>Ok, so one thing I've noticed while commanding as an alien is that darkness is good for your team, but doesn't help you. Because you can't see properly when it's dark, especially when the lights dim down to 0, why doesn't the alien commander(s) view the whole thing in alien view mode? (That needs a better name btw) It would also make the alien commander feel much different to the marine comm.

Thoughts?

Comments

• MaGicBushMaGicBush Join Date: 2002-12-02 Member: 10378Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1864249:date=Jul 28 2011, 11:02 AM:name=Iacto)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Iacto @ Jul 28 2011, 11:02 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1864249"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Ok, so one thing I've noticed while commanding as an alien is that darkness is good for your team, but doesn't help you. Because you can't see properly when it's dark, especially when the lights dim down to 0, why doesn't the alien commander(s) view the whole thing in alien view mode? (That needs a better name btw) It would also make the alien commander feel much different to the marine comm.

Thoughts?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I dunno, for some reason anytime I am in alien view my FPS drops drastically so I rarely use it. If the command view had it on the whole map I could only imagine how low FPS would be in that view. Maybe just brighten up the map a bit when in the view, or just turn that on when a power node goes out in a area(the view only showing the one area)?
  • FloodinatorFloodinator [HBZ] Member Join Date: 2005-02-22 Member: 42087Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    All the Time on? No!
    Possible to still switch betwen both? Yes!
  • QuovatisQuovatis Team Inversion Join Date: 2010-01-26 Member: 70321Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Only thing that bothers me is when the lights are bugged for the commander and never transition from black to red. Makes it nearly impossible to place things correctly. I usually just get out of the hive and kill myself to fix the bug, but it's annoying when it happens. But yeah, I agree the alien commander should have alien vision too as an option.