A few suggestions

rushmonkeyrushmonkey Join Date: 2009-04-17 Member: 67215Members
Soo obviously the new cysts are a good step in the right direction, but right now it pretty much looks to have broken alien game-play lol,.

I tried comming in a game just now where a few others had given up on comm, after jumping in the hive myself i soon discovered why, its' pretty much impossible to keep croach connected now.
I think i saw one marine even take out a connecting cyst in less than half an lmg clip, taking out about seven cysts and a connecting resource node. I even replaced the cyst straight away with a new one, but it doesn't appear like you can use a new cyst to restore life to dying ones yet. (oh and i think cysts die soon after one further down the chain dies, would be nice if they died last from starving, instead of infest)

It was just a quick thought but i was thinking maybe reducing the model size of cysts, and placing more than one at a time would help somewhat with losing multiple structures and cysts at the same time. ideally automatically at least one on each floor ceiling and wall in the surrounding area, preferably two, or three on each?

Also, as an alien comm, not being able to access the other hives is kind of annoying, great if you have two commanders as it prevents the other from wasting all your hive res, but if theres only one comm for most or all fo the game its a real pain running to each hive in order to just place cysts and structures

As a marine, it might be an idea to have some sort of implementation of being able to "lock" an area around your own individual comm chair, as even though it's only happened once, i did once kindly place other comm chairs for other people to use and someone jsut ending up selling pretty much everything we owned :<

Anyway, just some quick suggestions from me if you havent got your own alternatives already planned :>

Comments

• matsomatso Master of Patches Join Date: 2002-11-05 Member: 7000Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, Reinforced - Shadow, NS2 Community Developer
    <!--quoteo(post=1858949:date=Jul 9 2011, 04:56 AM:name=rushmonkey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rushmonkey @ Jul 9 2011, 04:56 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1858949"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I even replaced the cyst straight away with a new one, but it doesn't appear like you can use a new cyst to restore life to dying ones yet. (oh and i think cysts die soon after one further down the chain dies, would be nice if they died last from starving, instead of infest)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Cysts should be reconnected when you place a new connected cyst inside range. Unfortunately, the GUI shows you only if the cyst you are placing is connected, not if it reconnects any disconnected cysts. So you have to guess where you need to place them to connect the disconnected ones.

Cysts is new, and while they "work" in that they spread infestation in a connected fashion, they are not tested for balance. That's what's us beta-testers do, and posts on the forums about.

180 contains HUGE changes in balance. As ppl have noticed, aliens now a very fragile supply chain to worry about, forcing them to become very much more defensive. Marines now have two huge reasons to stay together, as they can repair each other and pickup dropped weapons from teammates.

Exactly how all these things will work out is going to be ... interresting :-)
  • PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted Gorge Richmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
    edited July 2011
    Agreed with Matso, give them some type to flesh out the Cyst system :D

I am inclined to agree with those who suggested Cyst be passively cloaked similar to SC2 Creep Tumors. Imagine when the tendrils are added: as a Marine, you walk down an infested hallway, all you see are interconnected tendrils on the ground pulsating (signaling the presence of multiple Cysts), and you requests the Commander to use a scan on this area so you can pop some zits (in hopes of breaking the chain).
  • HarimauHarimau Join Date: 2007-12-24 Member: 63250Members
    You know what would be interesting? If the commander could place very cheap dummy cysts.