New Player Help

MindfieldMindfield Join Date: 2011-07-06 Member: 108354Members
Hi,

Just started with NS2, played a bit NS1 back then, forgot many things. :)

A few questions, sorry search is broken somehow:

1. How do I jump form one hive to another if possible?
I hit the "e"-key on a hive and was surprised to find myself in an alien commander mode.

2. How do I build defensive structures - carg? - as a gorge?

3. How do I healspray as a gorge? Hehe - didnt found out how to do it. *blush*

Is there some link to an overview of all the game mechanics like "Infections" FAQ

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• GomezieGomezie Join Date: 2009-05-29 Member: 67534Members
    edited July 2011
    I cant repond too well from my phone, but healspray is an alternate fire mode if I recall correctly :) (default is right click)
  • azimaithazimaith Join Date: 2011-07-03 Member: 107686Members
    I'm not so certain about 1, I don't recall them having a jump to hive option in there nor in bindings.
    2: Defensive structures are made by the alien commander, you can heal spray defensive structures to get them up to strength faster. The only thing the gorge can currently make is the hydra.

3: Heal spray is secondary fire for his primary weapon.

As for a general FAQ, I don't think so save for the numerous patch videos they have on the front page.
  • peregrinusperegrinus Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72445Members
    Things keep changing so a FAQ would be outdated very quickly.

Your questions:

1) not possible
    2) right now [beta 179] the gorge can only drop hydras. Alien commander can drop crags, whips, hives, res towers.
    3) answered above. Heal spray does damage to marines so use that in close combat rather than crappy spit attack.
    4) take a look at the wiki <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/wiki/index.php/Main_Page" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/wiki/index.php/Main_Page</a>
  • Taxen0Taxen0 Join Date: 2010-07-30 Member: 73357Members
    additional info to #1
    in future patches you might be able to unlock hive travel in some form if you build a shift (structure)
    but it most likely still far away.
  • MindfieldMindfield Join Date: 2011-07-06 Member: 108354Members
    Thanks for all the input. :)