Overview Creation

CorpseyCorpsey Join Date: 2011-07-02 Member: 107538Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Need help with it</div>I'm having problems running overview.exe the way explained in the mapping guidelines.

When entering the command prompt
<!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->Overview.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\natural selection 2\ns2\maps\ns2_testMap1.level" ns2\maps<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->

It gives me the output " 'Overview.exe' us not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. "

I already tested it with another overview and everything else works fine (except commander view ofc) that is, collisions and spawning so far.

Sooner or later I will need a proper overview though.

Comments

• SN.WolfSN.Wolf Join Date: 2010-03-29 Member: 71115Members
    Make a batch file with the following in it:

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->START "Overview Map Generator" /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\natural selection 2" Overview.exe %1 ns2
    Pause<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Place that batch file in your C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\natural selection 2 folder, then copy your level file or drag and drop it onto the batch file.

It should build for you but there seems to be some issues with the minimaps and entities not lining up at the moment but it will give you the minimap at least.
  • CorpseyCorpsey Join Date: 2011-07-02 Member: 107538Members
    Yes I was reading your problems with the minimap_extents entity earlier

Okay thanks though I think I got it working :)
  • PersianImm0rtalPersianImm0rtal Join Date: 2010-12-02 Member: 75414Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester
    Now show us screenshots of the map you are working on :]
  • SN.WolfSN.Wolf Join Date: 2010-03-29 Member: 71115Members
    Maybe the dev should drop the batch file into a patch, maybe one for each win platform, (x86) path.