Let's make NS2 machinima!

2»

Comments

• MrGreenMrGreen Join Date: 2010-12-10 Member: 75602Members
    I have a script written for some entertaining machinima (I was bored at work).
    However it seems the cinematic editor is broken for me from (build 189) the first time I've used it.
    I can't seem to get anything to render or even display in the editor (only xyz axis, but can't get the level to display).

I really wish there were some guides on the cinematic editor.
    I'm already skilled in video editing etc, so I just need to work out what's going on there.
  • SkymanderXSkymanderX Green Marine - The Few, The Proud, The Green. Join Date: 2011-07-29 Member: 113006Members
    please do share the script. but unfortunatly i can't help you with the editor.
  • PersianImm0rtalPersianImm0rtal Join Date: 2010-12-02 Member: 75414Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, show us the script you got, MrGreen. I am still interested in directing this project and get it off the ground, what ever it becomes.

Edit: Skymander: We can always just use an official map or something, and the game is completely open source, so if we need to make a specific change for part of the story we can modify the map, that way we dont have to build an ENTIRE new map.
  • PricePrice Join Date: 2003-09-27 Member: 21247Members
    edited December 2011
    idea:
    play a round NS2 as marines but with no hud and only with voice, act like you are the marine you are playing, like the half-life machinima:
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=7J80KD4BG7M#t=20s" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...80KD4BG7M#t=20s</a>
    Maybe someone goes spectator too and record too, so you can did cuts with aliens and such.
  • SkymanderXSkymanderX Green Marine - The Few, The Proud, The Green. Join Date: 2011-07-29 Member: 113006Members
    we could we would shoot it like that maybe. Yea your right immortal, we don't need whole knew maps.
  • uNMduNMd Join Date: 2011-12-09 Member: 137228Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1857249:date=Jun 29 2011, 09:31 PM:name=PersianImm0rtal)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PersianImm0rtal @ Jun 29 2011, 09:31 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1857249"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Could be fun!

Its early but for now I would still like to see who is interested in helping(how they can contribute) and the ideas that the community has on such a production. I really would like to see it happen, and it would also be a great way to advertise NS2 even more. Would you guys like it to be more of a serious or funny story? Or maybe a mixture of both.... discuss...

Also anyone want to be a voice actor or puppeteer let me know! OR anything else that you think you can help us with (website, video editing recording, writing, directing ect.,)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Why theres 2 pages for ns ? why dont link the community forum ? How about some better voting system on this page ? _ ?
    ok if we are going to make something we should start getting things worked out. we can't keep idiling how we are now.
  • Konohas Perverted HermitKonohas Perverted Hermit Join Date: 2008-09-26 Member: 65075Members
    I say you wait till they add the Onos to make a Machinima for Natural Selection 2. Do a "We Bought A Zoo!" (movie coming out soon) theme to it only with Alien Lifeforms.
  • southportbutterfliessouthportbutterflies Join Date: 2011-12-03 Member: 136419Members
    edited December 2011
    My Minecraft Server won Machinima's Top 5 Minecraft Creations of the week. I got one, than immediately quit and got the other one and let the game play out