Scrolling through weapons

intellixintellix Join Date: 2008-03-24 Member: 63950Members
<div class="IPBDescription">It's a little iffy at the moment</div>Hey, been having problems with scrolling through weapons and could never be bothered to go into Bindings to bind it properly. I went in and I see that it's not there...
So I had a little play about and I figured how its currently working... Not sure how it works for Aliens but for Marines:

Machine Gun > Pistol > Knife

You start off with the machine gun and you can scroll forwards through the weapons. When you get to Knife you can scroll forwards again and you'll get the machine gun.
If you scroll backwards with the Machine gun it won't change to the knife.

Sooo... scrolling backwards at the machine gun needs to change to knife...

Comments

• assbdaassbda Join Date: 2011-05-02 Member: 96737Members
    yes im sure they have more important things to work on atm
  • MouldMould Join Date: 2010-12-25 Member: 75939Members
    Disagree, it's important to know what you're switching too.If every time you switch weapon it does a different thing, then it becomes confusing and horrible, especiallyf or those who play mwheelu[ = slot1 and mwheeldown = slot2
  • kingmobkingmob Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3650Members, Constellation
    They should definitely put it in the queue...if they haven't already.
    It's not like fixing this will break something else.

I'm not saying fix it NOW
    I am just agreeing if it isn't in the list... it should be.
  • intellixintellix Join Date: 2008-03-24 Member: 63950Members
    edited June 2011
    Yeah, I'm thinking its a simple....... delete the following piece of code

if (scrollback && firstitem){
    return false;
    }

type of easy fix. It's important because if I don't have full control over my character and I die then its a little frustrating to play and I don't leave the game feeling good :D
  • HarimauHarimau Join Date: 2007-12-24 Member: 63250Members
    edited June 2011
    It seems like such an easy fix that I don't buy the "they have more important things to work on atm" argument. I don't consider it "polish" but, instead, a part of <b>basic functionality</b>.

That said, someone could simply do it for them and submit it on getsatisfaction.
  • assbdaassbda Join Date: 2011-05-02 Member: 96737Members
    well while theyre at it why dont they just add a last weapon used key
  • KoruyoKoruyo AUT Join Date: 2009-06-06 Member: 67724Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited June 2011
    I thought the plan was to compleatly remake the hotkey /binding thing? layer?

But sure they could just quick'n dirty fix/implement the stuff for now... (or as harimau said community go!)