Permanent Gorge Infestation Spread

NeonSpyderNeonSpyder "Das est NTLDR?" Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17913Members
I was playing a game on summit and as a gorge I spread some infestation on a wall using healspray in order to have some infestation for a hydra to be built on.

Some of the funnest parts of being a gorge are in the building of things, but why are we limited to the floor only? Since alien comm will only really put infestation on the floor the gorges are denied a lot of hydra locations (top of boxes, walls, ceilings even if they can reach)

Why not simply make the gorge healspray infestation permanent so long as it's attached to existing hive-based infestation area? Of course if you're spraying infestation around on a res node or something to try to block marines it won't work because the infestation will just die normally.

So... why not?

Comments

• PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted Gorge Richmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
    edited June 2011
    Mainly due to performance issues in consideration (Charlie mentioned this in the <a href="https://docs.google.com/document/d/139ySUrBsO0m0Z4ilq0YsDEHJLQhBa6RrIjJIsckL2kE/edit?hl=en&authkey=CLCo8Z0J&pli=1#" target="_blank">design log</a>)

That aside, I would like this as well. The original intention (as I thought) was to allow Gorges to reconnect isolated infestation to nearby Hives, and temporary infestation doesn't allow that.

When the 3D infestation comes around, maybe let the 3D DI grow over the Gorge DI, erasing them from the server (for better performance) but still let Gorges direct DI growth.
  • TravCarpTravCarp Join Date: 2010-06-04 Member: 71962Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Yes allow the gorge infestation to stay if it connects with the Hive, they ARE gorges... it's what they do best. Defense!