Confused about gorge infestation - it disappears?

PlasmaPlasma Join Date: 2003-04-26 Member: 15855Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
Hey,

Am I right in thinking that gorge infestation, even if its connected to a hive, disappears after 60 seconds or so?

I tried making a link from a hive last night and after a minute or so it just started disappearing. I thought as long as I had a proper link chain formed it should stay put.

Anyone?

Comments

• lunsluns Join Date: 2010-12-05 Member: 75502Members
    i find the method of delivery of current gorge infestation through healspray simply bad. And yes, having the infestation being only temp pretty much kills the whole point of even dropping it. Why should infestation die if its connected to the rest of the infestation? it just doesn't make much sense to be honest.

The delivery of the infestation needs to be improved, and if its connected to the rest of the infestation it should stay connected.

I still think my idea is sound about how the gorge should be spreading infestation.
    since bile bomb would be returning to the gorge its a perfect timing to allow the bile bomb through its splash effect spread infestation where ever it lands.
    this way the gorge can harm marines buildings and spread infestation all in one ability.
    If the infestation isn't connected to the rest of infestation it would just disappear normally.
  • LORFCASTERLORFCASTER Join Date: 2010-06-13 Member: 72049Members
    Being close to surfaces and accidentally letting your view focus a little too closely on that surface while heal spraying is going to get me killed many, many times (because of the temp added friction[slowdown])
    I enjoy having different abilities on different weapon slots, gives more precise control, gives a nice feeling as gorge to see so many weapon/ability selections. If gorge infestation was merged with healspray just for simplicity sake then i seriously do hope the current set up is only temporary !
  • TravCarpTravCarp Join Date: 2010-06-04 Member: 71962Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited June 2011
    <!--QuoteBegin-NS2twitter+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NS2twitter)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Gorge BileBomb going in now - hoping to end stalemates. Will probably have Commander research ability then Gorges purchase it (hive #2). #fb<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Hopefully they add the infestation with this, plus if connected to the hives infestation it stays? :D Seems dumb to have it on a temp cooldown other than to get quick rt's or... I dunno what else.
  • assbdaassbda Join Date: 2011-05-02 Member: 96737Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1851355:date=Jun 10 2011, 12:09 PM:name=Plasma)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Plasma @ Jun 10 2011, 12:09 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1851355"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hey,

Am I right in thinking that gorge infestation, even if its connected to a hive, disappears after 60 seconds or so?

I tried making a link from a hive last night and after a minute or so it just started disappearing. I thought as long as I had a proper link chain formed it should stay put.

Anyone?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

yes i too find the infestation disapears even when connected.

I also once placed gorge infestation over real infestation and then 60 seconds later both infestation was gone lulz
  • MrYiffMrYiff Join Date: 2004-08-24 Member: 30867Members, NS2 Playtester
    I think one of the changes planned is to make gorge infestation that is linked to a hive become permanant, this should make tactics like gorges deploying a forward base of hydras in a hive or key RT point to defend it while the comm links up infestation from a hive to make it permanant.
  • CerebralCerebral Join Date: 2003-06-25 Member: 17689Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1851480:date=Jun 10 2011, 09:42 AM:name=TheReaper)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheReaper @ Jun 10 2011, 09:42 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1851480"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I think one of the changes planned is to make gorge infestation that is linked to a hive become permanant, this should make tactics like gorges deploying a forward base of hydras in a hive or key RT point to defend it while the comm links up infestation from a hive to make it permanant.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

With as fast as they heal/drop infestation and the amount of energy it (doesn't) burn, they are going to have to balance this pretty heavily.
  • kingmobkingmob Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3650Members, Constellation
    A color differentiation might help.

Unconnected infestation = brown like Fall.
    Connected infestation = the current green.