Lerk scream?

PapayasPapayas Join Date: 2010-07-01 Member: 72219Members
What happened to the lerk scream?

I enjoyed flying around and screaming at my teammates so they get buffs. It was awesome.

Will the lerk still have this?
Or is it planned for another class?
Or is it removed from the game completely?

Comments

• DJPenguinDJPenguin Useless Join Date: 2003-07-29 Member: 18538Members
    if it were to return, it would make sense for the onos to get it. hearing an onos roar as a marine in an adjacent hallway would be chilling.
  • peregrinusperegrinus Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72445Members
    Why not both of them get some scream, area of effect ability? Lerk scream could increase energy regen; Onos roar could increase attack damage.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Yes and Gorge grunt would make marines laugh uncon<b>troll</b>able :P

Primal scream btw!
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited May 2011
    I was expecting primal scream to be in after seeing the lerk reveal for the first time.
  • jkflipflopjkflipflop Join Date: 2010-10-13 Member: 74423Members
    I saw someone mention changing the lerk's primary attack from a stream of spines to more of a shotgun type pattern. I could get behind that. It would encourage more of a hit and run approach for the lerk. Maybe even have it so he shotguns while in flight but does the normal attack while sitting on something.
  • PapayasPapayas Join Date: 2010-07-01 Member: 72219Members
    Shotgun lerk wouldn't actually be that bad.

UWE wanted the lerk to be into the battle more and not by the side lines shooting stuff. Maybe the right click could be the shotgun shot and the left click could be what it is currently.

Removing Sniper for Shotgun is a good thing IMO.

Primal Scream that is what it is!
    It would make more sense if the Onos did it.
  • [Spec]Ice[Spec]Ice Join Date: 2011-05-13 Member: 98614Members
    -Scream Yes
    -Shotgun lerk = EPIC fail if your going to use shotgun lerk please just add bite back in as it makes more sense. This shotgun lerk has got to be the stupidest thing i have ever heard of.
    -Feels like the CO Kiddies are still going to make this game blow again.
  • QuovatisQuovatis Team Inversion Join Date: 2010-01-26 Member: 70321Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Primal Scream is basically what the Whip's "Fury" ability does. Of course, it sees very little action because the whip is stationary and the fury radius is quite small. But I do support lerk primal scream making a return in NS2 (but it should be a rather expensive upgrade).
  • jkflipflopjkflipflop Join Date: 2010-10-13 Member: 74423Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1847582:date=May 20 2011, 09:47 AM:name=[Spec]Ice)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE ([Spec]Ice @ May 20 2011, 09:47 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1847582"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
    -Scream Yes
    -Shotgun lerk = EPIC fail if your going to use shotgun lerk please just add bite back in as it makes more sense. This shotgun lerk has got to be the stupidest thing i have ever heard of.
    -Feels like the CO Kiddies are still going to make this game blow again.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Extrapolate.
  • lunsluns Join Date: 2010-12-05 Member: 75502Members
    edited May 2011
    primal scream belongs to the lerk. Why you ask? it was given to the lerk in NS1 because the lerk always been a support class, in fact the ability itself acts as a support for every alien, boosting them in every way. that is why lerks stood behind screaming, or flying around while everyone fought or charged where ever.

This ability was pretty useful in tight places, especially after aliens had three hives, and marines held their base with GL spam, oh the good old days.

whips, crags, shift should not have click-able abilities, they should have passive abilities, and be upgradeable - making it easy for the commander. Quovatis pointed out the problem with it pretty clear, and I agree with him.
  • CoolCookieCooksCoolCookieCooks Pretty Girl Join Date: 2003-05-18 Member: 16446Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation
    Actually Primal Scream was originally owned by the Onos in earlier versions. It wasn't until much later it was shipped over to the Lerk, where I believe it was when stomp/devour was introduced for the Onos (v3.0?).
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited May 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1847625:date=May 20 2011, 10:32 PM:name=CoolCookieCooks)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CoolCookieCooks @ May 20 2011, 10:32 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1847625"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Actually Primal Scream was originally owned by the Onos in earlier versions. It wasn't until much later it was shipped over to the Lerk, where I believe it was when stomp/devour was introduced for the Onos (v3.0?).<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Paralyse vs stromp ah good times where you could paralyse jetties in mid air :P
  • SilverwingSilverwing bulletsponge Join Date: 2003-11-23 Member: 23395Members, Constellation
    Hm. Rethink Primal Scream?

Some good stuff possible there...
  • DJPenguinDJPenguin Useless Join Date: 2003-07-29 Member: 18538Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1847625:date=May 20 2011, 06:32 PM:name=CoolCookieCooks)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CoolCookieCooks @ May 20 2011, 06:32 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1847625"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Actually Primal Scream was originally owned by the Onos in earlier versions. It wasn't until much later it was shipped over to the Lerk, where I believe it was when stomp/devour was introduced for the Onos (v3.0?).<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

which is why it would only make sense to give it back it's original ability now that it at least lost devour.
  • wulfwulf Join Date: 2008-08-03 Member: 64749Members
    edited May 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1847515:date=May 20 2011, 12:25 AM:name=peregrinus)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (peregrinus @ May 20 2011, 12:25 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1847515"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Lerk scream could increase energy regen; Onos roar could increase attack damage.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Sounds like a good and logical compromise

<!--quoteo(post=1847582:date=May 20 2011, 09:47 AM:name=[Spec]Ice)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE ([Spec]Ice @ May 20 2011, 09:47 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1847582"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
    This shotgun lerk has got to be the stupidest thing i have ever heard of.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I lolled so hard out of agreement

<!--quoteo(post=1847627:date=May 20 2011, 03:44 PM:name=Kouji_San)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kouji_San @ May 20 2011, 03:44 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1847627"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Paralyse vs stromp ah good times where you could paralyse jetties in mid air :P<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It still warms my heart in the random cases where onos tentacles will momentarily pop up