Gorge Belly Slide.

PapayasPapayas Join Date: 2010-07-01 Member: 72219Members
<div class="IPBDescription">An idea for it.</div>While I was playing NS2 I was a gorge and running away from the marines. I slid across the floor but it didn't seem to gain me that much more momentum and you can't change the direction not the tinest bit. It makes you go into a straight line but you are still as vulnerable if you were running. Maybe more because you can't strafe.

I was thinking that maybe the gorge gets an increased armour bonus when he does slide.

For example, he could take less damage if they shoot him in the back/bum. That way he has a chance of getting away. This bonus is ONLY availible when you slide though.

Comments

• swalkswalk Say hello to my little friend. Join Date: 2011-01-20 Member: 78384Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited May 2011
    It's actually a quite useful ability, if you use it right. It doesn't give you momentum, it gives you faster forward speed. And it does make a difference when trying to get out of combat.
    I don't see why this ability should give him an armour bonus. Wasn't he supposed to get that ability where he could go immobile and get a huge armour bonus?
  • assbdaassbda Join Date: 2011-05-02 Member: 96737Members
    edited May 2011
    maybe when upgrades come into play it wont matter so much. carapace, celerity?

not that these specific upgrades will be involved but surely you know where its going.
  • PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted Gorge Richmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
    I think they could combine the Damage Soak ability with Belly Slide. When the Gorge slides, he slowly uses up energy, and his back bone flaps flip up to indicate he's got extra armor. Maybe Marines can even cut a Gorge's escape short by damaging him, causing energy to drain faster than the norm.
    wtf is the real problem here? the belly slide is just a off bonus to playing a gorge.
  • PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted Gorge Richmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1848014:date=May 23 2011, 05:28 AM:name=assbda)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (assbda @ May 23 2011, 05:28 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1848014"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->wtf is the real problem here? the belly slide is just a off bonus to playing a gorge.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Oh there's no problem, merely a gameplay suggestion for returning Damage Soak as a Gorge ability.
  • lunsluns Join Date: 2010-12-05 Member: 75502Members
    edited May 2011
    without being able to strafe while doing the belly slide, makes this ability pretty weak. I've killed many gorges who tried to use this against me, most of the time they belly slided into walls or easy aiming it was since they belly slide in a straight line.

being able to strafe must be added for this ability.

edit

as for damage soak, can't see anything wrong with adding it.
    gorges actually pretty weak.
    edited May 2011
    you know, i can seriously guarantee you that if they implemented this strafe and then the armor bull###### Tomorrow . And then some stage later release the patch with gorge upgrades that i talked about.
    You will all be asking for it to be back the way it was. gorges will be too much effort to kill.

One point is gorges arent meant to sit around, theyre to always be alert and ever so vigilant so when incoming marines are near they have a plan in place to escape in advance.
    Second gorges are more tank than lerks.
    3rd THE GAME ISNT FINISHED YET.