Marine Commander Suggestion.

PapayasPapayas Join Date: 2010-07-01 Member: 72219Members
<div class="IPBDescription">A suggestion I brewed up in the tea pot.</div>I was thinking about the marine commander and his lack of connection to his marines. He can't choose what weapons that they should have but...

What about if the commander could choose what marines have what thing:

Commanders will be able to assign someone to an E.X.O. This may not be used as some type of reward but I am thinking that the E.X.O is there and they have to 'Get it' in some way. For example, when they are out in battle the commander can secretly make an E.X.O and then tells one of the marines to go back.

Coammanders should also be able to assign how many of their marines have Jetpacks as well in a similar fashion.

Comments

• PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted Gorge Richmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
    Actually, what if the Commander could select a Marine and there's an "Upgrade E.X.O unit" and "Upgrade Jetpack"? He could retrofit his Marines during battle, though it would be a nightmare seeing a squad turn into Heavies before your eyes as an alien, lol...
  • l3lessedl3lessed Join Date: 2010-06-07 Member: 71977Members
    This has already been recommended in various forms Papayas.
  • StreifenHirnchenStreifenHirnchen Join Date: 2009-06-01 Member: 67609Members
    true story , the comm should equip the team like he did in ns1... it is a importand (most importand?) part of strategy.
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1847368:date=May 19 2011, 09:53 AM:name=StreifenHirnchen)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (StreifenHirnchen @ May 19 2011, 09:53 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1847368"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->true story , the comm should equip the team like he did in ns1... it is a importand (most importand?) part of strategy.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I agree that the comm should have more control over the what the marines get, but the NS1 method was terrible. Mass spamming was generally the only effective method and it was hard to ensure the marine you wanted got the weapon/HA/JP you wanted.

I like PsiWarp's suggestion, but I think it should work where the comm designates which weapons/exo/jp a player has access too, but they still have to go back to the armory to purchase it (so you don't get 5 marines in alien start magically upgrade to exo).