1 Base for teching up.

2»

Comments

• KuBaNKuBaN Join Date: 2002-11-16 Member: 8979Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1845482:date=May 11 2011, 03:55 PM:name=kingmob)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kingmob @ May 11 2011, 03:55 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1845482"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I keep suggesting tech points should be tied to cash flow.
    Like a massive res drip multiplier.

0 tech = no flow...game over unless a miracle happens
    1 tech = 1 point per tick
    2 tech = 50 points per tick
    3 tech = 100 points per tick
    In fact give them an initial rush just for capping a tech point (100 points)...even have the computer shout at you Tech 2 achieved.
    (No I don't know the current numbers, this was simply to present the idea)

Higher level weapons and aliens would have such a price tag you would not see them unless the team had been saving
    (a viable strategy...save then push...it's like buying a car)

Sure you may be ABLE to upgrade so you can buy shotguns, lerks, flamethrowers, and fades
    But you can't afford them
    (in fact no one can afford anything)
    because you only have the tech point GIVEN to you... time to move out of mom's basement into the wide wide world.

Since the commander can't buy pretty buildings and the team can't buy pretty weapons they are bound together to GET the tech.
    (This would take a stab at eliminating the 'detachment problem')<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I would love this model for the Kharaa. Applied to Marines it would force them to expand, which is apparently counter-productive and "static". But having different economic models, while appealing, is probably difficult to balance. I'd be all for it, however.