Automatic Updates

Comments

• devicenulldevicenull Join Date: 2003-04-30 Member: 15967Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1906484:date=Feb 23 2012, 11:03 PM:name=player)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (player @ Feb 23 2012, 11:03 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1906484"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I added some additional player-data in the rules-reply, looked like so:

With playerdata_X-rules dynamically being added\removed upon joins\quits naturally.

I've removed it in the latest version, it necessitated split-packages which was screwing with your mod and noone was using that data anyway. Though your code ought to be able to handle split-packets, or at least be able to ignore them when recieved, without screwing up the reception of normal single-shot packets (which I think was the problem here).<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ah. Yea, I just grabbed a generic SRCDS query script, which I've had issues getting to work with NS2 anyway. It seems the NS2 query responses are very slightly different then the SRCDS ones, and the query script doesn't like that. I'm planning on updating that code, it just hasn't been a high priority yet. I'd suspect the tickrate response was getting pushed into the second packets instead, though I could be wrong.

<!--quoteo(post=1906505:date=Feb 24 2012, 01:40 AM:name=Skie)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Skie @ Feb 24 2012, 01:40 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1906505"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I guess something's wrong then, because I think I've done everything according to that and the readme.

I've got these in server.xml:
    <webadminActive>true</webadminActive>
    <webadminDomain>localhost</webadminDomain>
    <webadminPort>20000</webadminPort>
    <webadminDirectory>x:\games\hlserver\ns2\web</webadminDirectory>

And I see the NS2-GmOvrmind Web-admin page at port 20000, but I've got nothing at port 20001.
    I configured one user to work at localhost for the web-admin page and that works fine. And I see that there's a ns2update entry in the .htpasswd file, along with the one I added.

Edit: Here's the log from when I start the server:<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Can you tell if it's even attempting to listen on that port? You can use something like Process Explorer to see what ports it's actually listening on.

<!--quoteo(post=1906618:date=Feb 24 2012, 12:17 PM:name=csrx)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (csrx @ Feb 24 2012, 12:17 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1906618"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Please Help. i have a problem.

Console:
    <!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "<string>", line 46, in <module>
    File "c:\Source\NS2Update\build\pyi.win32\console\outPYZ1.pyz/ns2update", line 55, in __init__
    File "c:\Source\NS2Update\build\pyi.win32\console\outPYZ1.pyz/ns2rcon", line 16, in __init__
    File "c:\Source\NS2Update\build\pyi.win32\console\outPYZ1.pyz/ns2authmanager", line 47, in updateUser
    File "c:\Source\NS2Update\build\pyi.win32\console\outPYZ1.pyz/ns2authmanager", line 54, in saveUsers
    IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: './web\\.htpasswd'<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->

Some Help?

Thanks!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    That looks like a bug. As a quick workaround, you can create a web/.htpasswd file to make this work again. I'll look into the bug some time this weekend.
  • csrxcsrx Join Date: 2012-02-24 Member: 147321Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1906739:date=Feb 24 2012, 07:47 PM:name=devicenull)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (devicenull @ Feb 24 2012, 07:47 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1906739"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->That looks like a bug. As a quick workaround, you can create a web/.htpasswd file to make this work again. I'll look into the bug some time this weekend.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thanks a lot <!--coloro:#48D1CC--><span style="color:#48D1CC"><!--/coloro--><b>devicenull</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> i wait for ur fix!

and i'll try to fix it making a dir with their name

Thanks Again!
  • devicenulldevicenull Join Date: 2003-04-30 Member: 15967Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    I've just fixed a number of issues:
    <ul><li> Error reported if htpasswd doesn't exist (#8)</li><li> Logfile had extra newlines in it (#7)</li><li> Copy in paste (in Firefox only) loses newlines (#6)</li><li> Large amounts of console spam take forever to show up (#5)</li><li> RRDTool doesn't work with spaces in the path (#4)</li><li> Log revision number during startup (#2)</li></ul>

Let me know if anything else broke with this ;)

Also note that bug reports in Github are preferable to forum PMs, as the forum PM system here is pretty broken.
    Another update, performance data is now available via the web ui.
  • ArgathorArgathor Join Date: 2011-07-18 Member: 110942Members, Squad Five Blue
    I have a question, to which the answer might be far too long to bother with. I am running a server from my personal PC and would like to use the web UI when I am away from home. What is the bare minimum I need to install to get the web UI working? Something similar to a LAMP bundle?
  • SkieSkie Skulk Progenitor Join Date: 2003-10-18 Member: 21766Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1906739:date=Feb 25 2012, 03:47 AM:name=devicenull)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (devicenull @ Feb 25 2012, 03:47 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1906739"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Can you tell if it's even attempting to listen on that port? You can use something like Process Explorer to see what ports it's actually listening on.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I looked at it with process explorer and it is listening port 20001. But it just happens that Opera can't connect to the page. Works with Firefox. Odd.

Either way, there seems to be a bug in the latest version. It prints this when trying to view the players on the server (at least when the server is empty) on the web admin page:

<div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain' style='height:200px;white-space:pre;overflow:auto'>02-29 16:00 cherrypy.error.56552192 ERROR [29/Feb/2012:16:00:57] HTTP Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "c:\Source\NS2Update\build\pyi.win32\console\outPYZ1.pyz/cherrypy._cprequest", line 656, in respond
    File "c:\Source\NS2Update\build\pyi.win32\console\outPYZ1.pyz/cherrypy.lib.encoding", line 188, in __call__
    File "c:\Source\NS2Update\build\pyi.win32\console\outPYZ1.pyz/cherrypy._cpdispatch", line 34, in __call__
    File "c:\Source\NS2Update\build\pyi.win32\console\outPYZ1.pyz/webserver.serverrcon", line 18, in players
    File "c:\Source\NS2Update\build\pyi.win32\console\outPYZ1.pyz/ns2rcon", line 45, in getPlayers
    IndexError: list index out of range</div>
    <!--quoteo(post=1908210:date=Feb 29 2012, 05:44 AM:name=Argathor)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Argathor @ Feb 29 2012, 05:44 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1908210"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I have a question, to which the answer might be far too long to bother with. I am running a server from my personal PC and would like to use the web UI when I am away from home. What is the bare minimum I need to install to get the web UI working? Something similar to a LAMP bundle?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Nothing. The addon comes with an embedded webserver. Just make sure rcon is enabled on your NS2 server, and the webui will be available one port higher then the rcon port.

<!--quoteo(post=1908268:date=Feb 29 2012, 09:56 AM:name=Skie)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Skie @ Feb 29 2012, 09:56 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1908268"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I looked at it with process explorer and it is listening port 20001. But it just happens that Opera can't connect to the page. Works with Firefox. Odd.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Interesting, any firewalls that could be getting in the way? Is it actually listening on the server's address, or something else (like 127.0.0.1?)

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Either way, there seems to be a bug in the latest version. It prints this when trying to view the players on the server (at least when the server is empty) on the web admin page:

<div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain' style='height:200px;white-space:pre;overflow:auto'>02-29 16:00 cherrypy.error.56552192 ERROR [29/Feb/2012:16:00:57] HTTP Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "c:\Source\NS2Update\build\pyi.win32\console\outPYZ1.pyz/cherrypy._cprequest", line 656, in respond
    File "c:\Source\NS2Update\build\pyi.win32\console\outPYZ1.pyz/cherrypy.lib.encoding", line 188, in __call__
    File "c:\Source\NS2Update\build\pyi.win32\console\outPYZ1.pyz/cherrypy._cpdispatch", line 34, in __call__
    File "c:\Source\NS2Update\build\pyi.win32\console\outPYZ1.pyz/webserver.serverrcon", line 18, in players
    File "c:\Source\NS2Update\build\pyi.win32\console\outPYZ1.pyz/ns2rcon", line 45, in getPlayers
    IndexError: list index out of range</div><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Hmm, I'll see what I can figure out with that. It almost looks like the webui is sending back some weird response.
  • SkieSkie Skulk Progenitor Join Date: 2003-10-18 Member: 21766Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1908275:date=Feb 29 2012, 05:20 PM:name=devicenull)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (devicenull @ Feb 29 2012, 05:20 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1908275"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Interesting, any firewalls that could be getting in the way? Is it actually listening on the server's address, or something else (like 127.0.0.1?)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Opera connects to localhost:20000 and external-ip:20000 (GmOvrmind) but doesn't find anything at localhost:20001 or external-ip:20001.
    Firefox finds localhost:20000 and localhost:20001 (NS2update), as well as external-ip:20000 but not external-ip:20001.
    IE finds the same as Opera.

So only Firefox finds NS2update web ui and only from the localhost/127.0.0.1 address.

Not a big problem that my niche browser of choice doesn't work, though. Disabling firewall had no effect.

Also I noticed some Adobe updater trying to sync with port 20001 (with Process Explorer), but changing the port just for that had no effect either.
  • oldassgamersoldassgamers Join Date: 2011-02-02 Member: 80033Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2012
    I start ns2update.exe and it closes the next second. :(

03-11 21:43 root DEBUG Command line args: -file C:\service\ns2_servers\server_2\server.xml --restartwhenempty -game c:\Service\NS2_Servers\Server_2\NS2GmOvrmind
    03-11 21:43 root DEBUG Found ns2update.cfg file, loading hldsupdatetool path
    03-11 21:43 root DEBUG Added path from config file: c:\service\ns2_servers
    03-11 21:43 root INFO Found config file at C:\service\ns2_servers\server_2\server.xml
    03-11 21:43 root DEBUG My password: $$$$$$$
    03-11 21:43 root INFO Detected server IP as 127.0.0.1:27018
    03-11 21:43 root INFO Server will be automatically restarted when empty
    03-11 21:43 root INFO NSGmOvermind detected, tickrate stats are available
    03-11 21:43 root DEBUG NS2GmOvermind query: 127.0.0.1:27019
    03-11 21:43 root DEBUG Checking for server update...
    03-11 21:43 root INFO Server is out of date: current: 0 desired: 40
    03-11 21:43 root INFO Performing inital server update
    03-11 21:43 root INFO Starting server update

I'm using .bat file with following code:
    cd C:\service\ns2_servers\server_2
    ns2update.exe -file C:\service\ns2_servers\server_2\server.xml --restartwhenempty -game c:\Service\NS2_Servers\Server_2\NS2GmOvrmind
    start /affinity F /high server.exe -file C:\Service\ns2_servers\server_2\server.xml -game c:\Service\NS2_Servers\Server_2\NS2GmOvrmind

It works now, i need to start as administrator.
    One thing i don't understand about the emptyrestart function, where to add the ip + port line? Because its already in the server.xml file???
    hldsupdatetool does need to be run as an admin. I'm not sure why, but there's not much I can do about it IP and port will be read from either the command line or server.xml.
  • oldassgamersoldassgamers Join Date: 2011-02-02 Member: 80033Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1912423:date=Mar 13 2012, 12:23 AM:name=devicenull)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (devicenull @ Mar 13 2012, 12:23 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1912423"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->hldsupdatetool does need to be run as an admin. I'm not sure why, but there's not much I can do about it IP and port will be read from either the command line or server.xml.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I have to use administrator mode to be able to use it. Also when using your ns2update i get in console "error: reading the cookie off c:\service\ms2_servers\server_1/ns2update.rrd failed"

Like i said, i must have administrator mode to activiate the ns2update.exe file if not it will only closes on startup.
    This program seems to have serious issues, first you cannot have specific port. Even when you force the program to load the server.xml it always gives a random port.
    When activating affinity on server.exe it only activate it on ns2update.exe and not on the server.exe file. When trying to edit the priority on affinity in windows it gives me fatal errors.

My code:
    ns2update.exe -file C:\service\ns2_servers\server_2\server.xml --restartwhenempty -game c:\Service\NS2_Servers\Server_2\NS2GmOvrmind
    start /affinity F /high server.exe -file C:\Service\ns2_servers\server_2\server.xml -game c:\Service\NS2_Servers\Server_2\NS2GmOvrmind
    <!--quoteo(post=1912434:date=Mar 12 2012, 07:12 PM:name=oldassgamers)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (oldassgamers @ Mar 12 2012, 07:12 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1912434"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I have to use administrator mode to be able to use it.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yes, like I said, there's exactly nothing I can do about hldsupdatetool requiring Administrator access. You would need to bug valve if you don't like that

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Also when using your ns2update i get in console "error: reading the cookie off c:\service\ms2_servers\server_1/ns2update.rrd failed"<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Delete the RRD and try again. I've never seen that error, nor has anyone that is using this. You've probably got screwed up permissions on that file/directory.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Like i said, i must have administrator mode to activiate the ns2update.exe file if not it will only closes on startup.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yea, bug valve. I can't fix that.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->This program seems to have serious issues, first you cannot have specific port. Even when you force the program to load the server.xml it always gives a random port.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    What port are you talking about? NS2Update has *nothing* to do with the game server deciding what port to use.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->When activating affinity on server.exe it only activate it on ns2update.exe and not on the server.exe file. When trying to edit the priority on affinity in windows it gives me fatal errors.

My code:
    start /affinity F /high server.exe -file C:\Service\ns2_servers\server_2\server.xml -game c:\Service\NS2_Servers\Server_2\NS2GmOvrmind<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Your second start line isn't going to be called ever. ns2update never stops executing. It also doesn't pass priority in to the server.. NS2 is very sensitive to CPU speed/usage. I really wouldn't suggest attempting to run it on a server where you need to screw with the priority in order to get it to perform acceptably.
  • ZocZoc &lt;?php echo &quot;Hi there&#33;&quot;; ?&gt; Join Date: 2003-01-20 Member: 12517Members, Retired Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    edited March 2012
    I'm trying to run ns2update on a Windows XP Machine, and I'm receiving this message:

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->C:\HLServer\ns2>C:\HLServer\ns2\ns2update.exe --restartwhenempty -game NS2GmOvrmind -webadmin 1 -webdir "C:\HLServer\ns2\web" -webport 8080 -webdomain localhost -file "C:\HLServer\ns2\Server.xml"
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "<string>", line 4, in <module>
    File "c:\Source\NS2Update\pyinstaller-1.5.1\iu.py", line 436, in importHook
    File "c:\Source\NS2Update\pyinstaller-1.5.1\iu.py", line 521, in doimport
    File "c:\Source\NS2Update\build\pyi.win32\console\outPYZ1.pyz/ns2update", line 1, in <module>
    File "c:\Source\NS2Update\build\pyi.win32\console\outPYZ1.pyz/psutil", line 68, in <module>
    File "c:\Source\NS2Update\build\pyi.win32\console\outPYZ1.pyz/psutil._psmswindows", line 16, in <module>
    File "c:\Source\NS2Update\pyinstaller-1.5.1\iu.py", line 505, in doimport
    File "c:\Source\NS2Update\pyinstaller-1.5.1\iu.py", line 297, in getmod
    File "c:\Source\NS2Update\pyinstaller-1.5.1\iu.py", line 109, in getmod
    ImportError: DLL load failed: Não foi possível encontrar o procedimento especificado.

C:\HLServer\ns2><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

ImportError: DLL load failed: Não foi possível encontrar o procedimento especificado.
    can be translated to
    ImportError: DLL load failed: Unable to find the specified procedure.

On my Windows 7 X64 at my main pc works fine. I'm having that issue in WinXP (32bits). Any ideas on how to fix this issue ?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Fixed the issue by rebuilding the 32 bits binary. :)
    edited March 2012
    devicenull thx for answers!

in server.xml i got port configurated as 27014 , always when starting up a ns2 server i get a different port when connected to steam, 1 number ahead. So if i wrote 27014 in server.xml i get 27015 when server is online.

So to make the emptyrestart function work i write in .bat file following:
    cd C:\service\ns2_servers\server_1
    ns2update.exe -file C:\Service\ns2_servers\server_1\server.xml --restartwhenempty -ip 62.65.106.53 -port 27015 -game c:\Service\NS2_Servers\Server_1\NS2GmOvrmind

My question is, will restartwhenempty work this way?
    Currently i cant find the server on ns2 refresh list and tickrate always shows 00 on the cmd.exe
    <!--quoteo(post=1913923:date=Mar 16 2012, 11:38 AM:name=Zoc)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zoc @ Mar 16 2012, 11:38 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1913923"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'm trying to run ns2update on a Windows XP Machine, and I'm receiving this message:

can be translated to
    ImportError: DLL load failed: Unable to find the specified procedure.

On my Windows 7 X64 at my main pc works fine. I'm having that issue in WinXP (32bits). Any ideas on how to fix this issue ?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Fixed the issue by rebuilding the 32 bits binary. :)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Dammit, I thought I fixed that. I'll have to take another look at it. I run 64bit on everything at this point, so I haven't noticed any issues.

<!--quoteo(post=1914301:date=Mar 17 2012, 09:25 AM:name=oldassgamers)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (oldassgamers @ Mar 17 2012, 09:25 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1914301"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->devicenull thx for answers!

in server.xml i got port configurated as 27014 , always when starting up a ns2 server i get a different port when connected to steam, 1 number ahead. So if i wrote 27014 in server.xml i get 27015 when server is online.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    How are you determining this? NS2's query port is one higher then the join port (it's not the same as the join port, like HL1/HL2 games). So, if you set the server's port to be 27014, the *game* will listen on that port, but the *query protocol* (what HLSW, etc use) will listen on 27015.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->So to make the emptyrestart function work i write in .bat file following:
    cd C:\service\ns2_servers\server_1
    ns2update.exe -file C:\Service\ns2_servers\server_1\server.xml --restartwhenempty -ip 62.65.106.53 -port 27015 -game c:\Service\NS2_Servers\Server_1\NS2GmOvrmind

My question is, will restartwhenempty work this way?
    Currently i cant find the server on ns2 refresh list and tickrate always shows 00 on the cmd.exe<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yes, that's how restartwhenempty works. Does your computer actually have the 62.65.106.53 address on it? If that's on a router or something, that's not going to work. The IP used in -ip has to be active on the actual machine the serer runs on.
    <!--quoteo(post=1914435:date=Mar 18 2012, 12:51 AM:name=devicenull)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (devicenull @ Mar 18 2012, 12:51 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1914435"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Yes, that's how restartwhenempty works. Does your computer actually have the 62.65.106.53 address on it? If that's on a router or something, that's not going to work. The IP used in -ip has to be active on the actual machine the serer runs on.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes it has static ip, but i know what i did wrong. I spelled address wrong. :)

Btw i got a strange bugg on cmd when i woke up this morning.
    "INFO Killing server"
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    To quote Devicenull from a few pages ago:

<!--quoteo(post=1901965:date=Feb 11 2012, 01:48 AM:name=devicenull)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (devicenull @ Feb 11 2012, 01:48 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1901965"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->CRITICAL Server has died, restarting!<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->
    This means that the Server.exe process is no longer running for some reason. This could be a crash, could be the admin exiting the server process, could be the OS killing the process for a reboot. There's no real way to tell why it exited, only that it exited.

<!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->INFO     Killing server<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->
    This indicates one of the following:
    1) The server is being taken down for updates (should be preceeded by a 'Server is out of date' line
    2) The server is being restarted because it has transitioned from full to empty (should be preceeded by a 'Server now empty, restarting') line
    3) The server has been restarted via the webUI.

This message will not occur if the server has crashed.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It's not a bug :)
    <!--quoteo(post=1914625:date=Mar 18 2012, 06:20 PM:name=Soul_Rider)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Soul_Rider @ Mar 18 2012, 06:20 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1914625"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->To quote Devicenull from a few pages ago:

It's not a bug :)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If it's not a bugg then why doesnt the server restart itself after i get the message "klling server". The server has been offline since that message appeared. Whats the point of having a software with auto-restart if it's not restarting itself after killing the server.
    <!--quoteo(post=1915268:date=Mar 19 2012, 07:24 PM:name=oldassgamers)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (oldassgamers @ Mar 19 2012, 07:24 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1915268"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If it's not a bugg then why doesnt the server restart itself after i get the message "klling server". The server has been offline since that message appeared. Whats the point of having a software with auto-restart if it's not restarting itself after killing the server.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Did you by any chance check if hldsupdatetool was running? That tool can take a significant amount of time to run. (or sometimes it hangs for no reason)
    edited March 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1916484:date=Mar 23 2012, 02:43 AM:name=devicenull)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (devicenull @ Mar 23 2012, 02:43 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1916484"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Did you by any chance check if hldsupdatetool was running? That tool can take a significant amount of time to run. (or sometimes it hangs for no reason)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

How do you see that in Task management? I'm currently looking att activate processor and I never see hldsupdate.exe be active there?

<b>i got a new strange text on cmd today when i woke up:</b>
    [NS2Update] DEBUG CPU usage: 06, memory 0649 MB, players: 00 tickrate: 00
    """ attempt to put segment in horiz list twice
    """ attempt to put segment in horiz list twice

I've restarded the server, and i still get the same strange text on cmd :( My tickrate stats doesnt work anymore :(
  • bygarip01bygarip01 Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148986Members
    tskler guzel paylasim olmus
    Just of ceriousity, has someone created two server using two ns2update.exe files in seperate folders? Everytime i tries this, one of the files wont work. Seems like a conflict of somekind :(
  • playerplayer Join Date: 2010-09-12 Member: 73982Members
    Copy-paste from the dev-tracker thread that is applicable here too I guess:

<!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=me)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (me)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Yar, QStat has issues with NS2's own query-responder for not adhering strictly to the query-protocol (which is surprising), it has to do with QStat demanding a challenge for the rule\player-reply, which NS2 does not give, rather you're supposed to just directly request the data. GameOvermind's QR did both the challenge- and the direct-approach.

Enough of the jibber jabber, what you need to do is query all the servers directly (no need to look a port above or under anymore), and lift the tickrate- and ns2build-information from the gametags-field. It is part of the general-reply (the one that contains the server-name\maxslots et cetera), and looks like: build|gamemode|tickrate %. The uptime-information isn't exposed through it, so that won't be available anymore for the moment, though you don't have to remove the code associated with getting that data from the rules-reply, as when the rewrite of GM is done (in 2020), it'll work again with QStat.

Upside to all this for the moment, is that you can fetch the tickrate-data of all servers that run GM per definition (gives an insight into how many servers actually run it at this point).<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->result['tag']<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->
    Would be the code in question here.
    edited March 2012
    Devicenull may i please ask for a special request. At current state ns2update.exe opens up the server.exe in normal priority mode for cpu. Is it possible for ns2update.exe to launch server.exe in high priority??
    <!--quoteo(post=1918513:date=Mar 27 2012, 07:17 AM:name=oldassgamers)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (oldassgamers @ Mar 27 2012, 07:17 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1918513"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Just of ceriousity, has someone created two server using two ns2update.exe files in seperate folders? Everytime i tries this, one of the files wont work. Seems like a conflict of somekind :(<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That should work, though unless you use the argument to set the server.xml path, they will need to be under separate users.

<!--quoteo(post=1918650:date=Mar 27 2012, 01:16 PM:name=player)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (player @ Mar 27 2012, 01:16 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1918650"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Copy-paste from the dev-tracker thread that is applicable here too I guess:

<!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->result['tag']<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->
    Would be the code in question here.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Noted.

<!--quoteo(post=1918774:date=Mar 27 2012, 06:32 PM:name=oldassgamers)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (oldassgamers @ Mar 27 2012, 06:32 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1918774"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Devicenull may i please ask for a special request. At current state ns2update.exe opens up the server.exe in normal priority mode for cpu. Is it possible for ns2update.exe to launch server.exe in high priority??<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I'll see what I can do, but it's in no way a high priority to me (hah). Like I've said before, if you can't run your server without high priority, high priority really isn't going to fix anything.
    edited March 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1918776:date=Mar 28 2012, 12:38 AM:name=devicenull)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (devicenull @ Mar 28 2012, 12:38 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1918776"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->That should work, though unless you use the argument to set the server.xml path, they will need to be under separate users.

I'll see what I can do, but it's in no way a high priority to me (hah). Like I've said before, if you can't run your server without high priority, high priority really isn't going to fix anything.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thanks for your fast answer. Sorry for branging with tons of questions, but what do you mean with having it under seperate users?

One thing I've been reconsider is to create virtual servers , to dedicate cpu for each virtual server. So I can specificy what cpu goes to ns2update.exe . At current stage the ns2update runs on my main server, but solving so I can have 2 ns2update.exe running in my main server without virtual server capability is kind of tricky. NS2update.exe will open up server.exe for cpu 0.
    Both ns2update.exe files will open up server.exe and it will run on cpu 0. Is there a possibility to specify through ns2update on which the server.exe will cpu run on?

Buy the way, my server is running with a decent tickrate for 16 players, but I saw a improvement when having it on high priority for server.exe. I've also seen the populate server always having priority high on the server.exe to :) So thanks again for reconsider this. Really exciting for an update :)

Thanks again devicenull, you're my hero <3
    Can someone else confirm that the auto-restart for ns2update doesn't always work?

Because once a day I get "killing server" message and then it won't restart. Server is down until I restart ns2update.exe
    I've played on server 2 today and it crashes. When logging in it said "killing server" . Why those it say that AND why doesn't it auto-restart the server? Can I get an answer, so I know what I can do to solve this issue.
  • chivershchiversh Join Date: 2012-04-09 Member: 150142Members
    great info) thanks
    FYI: The web console feature + server log rotation will not work with beta 207 until I've had a chance to fix it. I'm hoping to have time for that in the next couple days.