assbdaassbda Join Date: 2011-05-02 Member: 96737Members
edited May 2011 in Tech Support
<div class="IPBDescription">somethings wrong with my ns</div>Hey I'm new to ns2 and only just got it recently, 26th of April i think.
Any way the game worked fine, i was able to join servers, see servers, even ones in Germany. But ever since the release of 175, I can only see 2 servers that i cant connect too, it says the versions differ.
Before anyone asks questions, I did see a steam update on natural selection 2 and it did install.
But the main thing that concerns me is that in the top left of the screen my natural selection still says build 174? not 175. So im not sure whats happening.

If anyone else is having this problem and or knows a solution id appreciate any help.
Atm I'm doing a backup and re-installation of the game to see if that fixes my problem, ill let you know.

Comments

• tschumanntschumann Australia Join Date: 2010-05-26 Member: 71862Members
    You might want to ask <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns/forums/index.php?showforum=91" target="_blank">here</a>. This section is for Natural Selection the Half-Life mod.
  • assbdaassbda Join Date: 2011-05-02 Member: 96737Members
    oh, i thought i was in the right place.

But anyway the re-install fixed everything and i can now see servers and a 175 in the top left of my screen.

That's kinda ###### up how steam couldn't update my game properly, or at least informed of any kind of error during the update.
  • tschumanntschumann Australia Join Date: 2010-05-26 Member: 71862Members
    In future you could try verifying your cache first to save yourself the effort of having to reinstall.