NS2 B172, is there something broken ? WHat's yours !

Paul-HewsonPaul-Hewson Join Date: 2008-02-25 Member: 63737Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
<div class="IPBDescription">One shot rifle sound broken & probably more</div>On the newly Build 172, if you only fire one bullet with the rifle there is no main sound playing (just a background one).
Cheers

Comments

• Paul-HewsonPaul-Hewson Join Date: 2008-02-25 Member: 63737Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Black Screen still happens at the end of round (no error reported in console)
  • Paul-HewsonPaul-Hewson Join Date: 2008-02-25 Member: 63737Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Wall texture bug when you disconnect and go to another server.
  • wackoisgodwackoisgod Join Date: 2011-04-08 Member: 91478Members, Retired Developer
    is there anything in your logs?
    edited April 2011
    For the blackscreen no, for the texture maybe.

"Direct3D Devices :: Texture Create/Initialize failed [dds]" but nothing more detailed.

There is also some models that the game try to load but they aren't in the current build (useless to load so, no ?)
    robotics_factory, prototype_module, ######, shade, onos, etc.. even if it's minor, clean code is welcome.

Commons errors before connecting to a server
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Error: Sound 'materials/door/onos_step' couldn't be loaded (Event not found)
    Error: Sound 'materials/electronic/onos_step' couldn't be loaded (Event not found)
    Error: Sound 'materials/electronic/footstep_left' couldn't be loaded (Event not found)
    Error: Sound 'materials/electronic/footstep_right' couldn't be loaded (Event not found)
    Error: Sound 'alien/fade/land' couldn't be loaded (Event not found)
    Error: Sound 'alien/onos/land' couldn't be loaded (Event not found)
    Error: Sound 'marine/structure/arc/deploy' couldn't be loaded (An invalid parameter was passed to this function. )
    Error: Sound 'materials/door/bash' couldn't be loaded (Event not found)
    Error: Sound 'materials/electronic/bash' couldn't be loaded (Event not found)
    Error: Sound 'alien/healing_mound_heal' couldn't be loaded (Event not found)
    Error: Sound 'alien/skulk/bite_hit_electronic' couldn't be loaded (Event not found)
    Error: Sound 'materials/door/spikes_ricochet' couldn't be loaded (Event not found)
    Error: Sound 'materials/electronic/spikes_ricochet' couldn't be loaded (Event not found)
    Error: Sound 'materials/metal/spikes_ricochet' couldn't be loaded (Event not found)
    Error: Sound 'materials/organic/spikes_ricochet' couldn't be loaded (Event not found)
    Error: Sound 'materials/rock/spikes_ricochet' couldn't be loaded (Event not found)
    Error: Sound 'materials/thin_metal/spikes_ricochet' couldn't be loaded (Event not found)
    Error: Sound 'alien/voiceovers/upgrade_complete' couldn't be loaded (Event not found)
    Error: Sound 'alien/voiceovers/research_complete' couldn't be loaded (Event not found)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Tram loading (and crashing blacksreen on the same texture wall thing ? maybe)
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Loading 'maps/ns2_tram.level'
    Couldn't open file 'cinematics/environment/light_repair_downflicker.cinematic'
    Couldn't open file 'models/marine/robotics_factory/robotics_factory.model'
    Couldn't open file 'models/marine/prototype_module/prototype_module.model'
    Couldn't open file 'models/alien/shift/shift.model'
    Couldn't open file 'models/alien/shade/shade.model'
    Couldn't open file 'models/alien/onos/onos.model'
    Couldn't open file 'models/alien/onos/onos_view.model'
    Couldn't open file 'models/alien/cocoon/cocoon.model'
    Couldn't open file 'models/marine/heavy/heavy.model'
    Couldn't open file 'models/marine/minigun/minigun.model'
    Couldn't open file 'models/marine/minigun/minigun_view.model'
    Couldn't open file 'models/marine/jetpack/jetpack.model'
    Direct3DDevice::Texture create/initialize failed [dds].
    Chat All - de PARA: hi
    Disconnected (Quit)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Rockdown loading after exiting the other server with blackscreen
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Loading 'maps/ns2_rockdown.level'
    Couldn't open file 'models/marine/robotics_factory/robotics_factory.model'
    Couldn't open file 'models/marine/prototype_module/prototype_module.model'
    Couldn't open file 'models/alien/shade/shade.model'
    Couldn't open file 'models/alien/onos/onos.model'
    Couldn't open file 'models/alien/onos/onos_view.model'
    Couldn't open file 'models/alien/cocoon/cocoon.model'
    Couldn't open file 'models/marine/heavy/heavy.model'
    Couldn't open file 'models/marine/minigun/minigun.model'
    Couldn't open file 'models/marine/minigun/minigun_view.model'
    Couldn't open file 'models/marine/jetpack/jetpack.model'
    Player:SetViewAnimation(bite_idle) - couldn't find view model - Client
    Player:SetViewAnimation(bite_idle) - couldn't find view model - Client<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
  • EnceladusEnceladus Join Date: 2004-01-18 Member: 25442Members
    The errors like
    Error: Sound 'materials/door/onos_step' couldn't be loaded (Event not found)
    are caused by these assets not being shipped with the public build but being present in the internal build. And it's easier to leave out some files when deploying a public build, which might cause a few errors on the console, but don't have any other imapct otherwise) than removing all the refences to the files
  • ThaldarinThaldarin Alonzi&#33; Join Date: 2003-07-15 Member: 18173Members, Constellation
    That's all missing assets as said above. Missing sound files, texture files and prop files. Fairly standard for a testing build.
  • VeNeMVeNeM Join Date: 2002-07-13 Member: 928Members
    black screen, crashes to desktop every 3-5 minutes, artifacts
    The IA pathfinding still completly mess too. So you can see drone blocked in a structure or door and not moving at all.

They also sometimes taking a path who is longer than the other. And for the human drone (maybe alien's one too) they can move "verticaly" in a vent to go down but not to get up in it.
    If you ask them so, they just don't move and you have to tell them another way.
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1841190:date=Apr 16 2011, 11:28 AM:name=Paul-Hewson)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Paul-Hewson @ Apr 16 2011, 11:28 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1841190"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The IA pathfinding still completly mess too. So you can see drone blocked in a structure or door and not moving at all.

They also sometimes taking a path who is longer than the other. And for the human drone (maybe alien's one too) they can move "verticaly" in a vent to go down but not to get up in it.
    If you ask them so, they just don't move and you have to tell them another way.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

After I learned that shift-move (or whatever key you bound sprint too), where you can give a MAC/Drifter multiple, waypointed move orders, works, I stopped using the single move command. Its usually much quicker to essentially give your MACs/Drifters your own waypoint move orders so they avoid doors and doing stupid stuff like moving through enemy tech nodes/in wide open spaces.
  • VicVic Join Date: 2010-11-20 Member: 75106Members
    Armory Chamber 1: Hit detection doesn't work.
    Armory Chamber 2: Noone can join aliens, neither via ready room, nor via console. There are 2 ghosts on alien team and 6 marines having no skulks to kill :)
    edited April 2011
    I don't think so because you can give build order in one click though.. and they should go there alone and build what you asked them for.
    Another bug is that the building doesn't popup (most of the time) when you ask a MAC/Drifter to build something that isn't on a near location..

And currently we are encoutering a bug that prevent us to join alien side (j2/random rr/alien rr). And as i can see UWE don't care about kicking people "0 ping" that are frozen in the game.
  • McGlaspieMcGlaspie www.team156.com Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73044Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester
    Here are some errors I've been seeing on my server (Team 156 - US East).

Encountering this when server is loading a map, doesn't matter which one.
    <!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->Location:GetIsPointInside(): No physics body, returning false. - Server<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->

Errors like these <b>always</b> appear during the course of a game:
    <!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->EffectManager:InternalTriggerAnimation(): Tried to play view model animation "bite_idle" but entity ViewModel isn't a player or a weapon. - Server
    EffectManager:InternalTriggerAnimation(): Tried to play view model animation "bite_idle" but entity ViewModel isn't a player or a weapon. - Server
    EffectManager:InternalTriggerAnimation(): Tried to play view model animation "bite_idle3" but entity ViewModel isn't a player or a weapon. - Server<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->

I'll post more as I come across it.
    edited April 2011
    Big framerate drop when in Alien environnement (hive, ground infestation..). Sometimes you repair a power node but the light still red and not white.
  • playerplayer Join Date: 2010-09-12 Member: 73982Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1841197:date=Apr 16 2011, 08:14 PM:name=Vic)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Vic @ Apr 16 2011, 08:14 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1841197"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Armory Chamber 1: Hit detection doesn't work.
    Armory Chamber 2: Noone can join aliens, neither via ready room, nor via console. There are 2 ghosts on alien team and 6 marines having no skulks to kill :)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    From what I can see externally I'm inclined to say there at this moment 19 phantom-clients in Armory Chamber #1 (there were 18, then I joined to see how it looked ingame and now there's also a phantom-version of me). Only 3 of those phantoms were actually visible on the scoreboard, the rest were hidden, and the engine isn't even aware of any of them.

You've got to hand it to UWE, they have some truly curious bugs in their game.
  • McGlaspieMcGlaspie www.team156.com Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73044Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester
    lol, indeed they do. I'm a little sad I missed the bug that launched aliens out of the CC when it closed on them. ;p
    - Framerate drop even happens when there is no infestion though.
    - You can't change graphic settings while playing or game crash.
  • AdamaAdama Join Date: 2010-12-21 Member: 75826Members
    Problem with hosting multiple HLDS on the same machine with this version.

HLDS starts but no-one can connect (despite it listening) - Infact, it just forwards you onto the server that is listening on 27015.
  • VicVic Join Date: 2010-11-20 Member: 75106Members
    edited April 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1841205:date=Apr 16 2011, 10:46 PM:name=Paul-Hewson)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Paul-Hewson @ Apr 16 2011, 10:46 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1841205"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Big framerate drop when in Alien environnement (hive, ground infestation..). Sometimes you repair a power node but the light still red and not white.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Confirm both of these.
    - Light only goes white when a skulk takes a bite at the repaired node.
    - Between 25-35 FPS in Marine Start, around 15 in Alien Start (on Tram).

Also, it's either the tickrate (which was 9-10) or some other issue, but the bites/swipes seem to fail to register on moving/jumping marines (even though you hear them moan sometimes, no hit indicator appears and they don't go down).
  • gamester_5gamester_5 Join Date: 2008-04-17 Member: 64094Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1841174:date=Apr 16 2011, 07:42 AM:name=VeNeM)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (VeNeM @ Apr 16 2011, 07:42 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1841174"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->black screen, crashes to desktop every 3-5 minutes, artifacts<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I would crash out every few minutes as well and when I got in comm chair and tried to build a turret it was giving artifacts.
  • VeNeMVeNeM Join Date: 2002-07-13 Member: 928Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1841225:date=Apr 16 2011, 05:10 PM:name=gamester_5)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gamester_5 @ Apr 16 2011, 05:10 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1841225"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I would crash out every few minutes as well and when I got in comm chair and tried to build a turret it was giving artifacts.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    nvidia? quad core?
  • iBlaze_iBlaze_ Join Date: 2010-12-22 Member: 75859Members
    Unable to enter hive because a bot is there, unable to build armory when playing marines -> switched commander -> he was able to build it though. Played with Lerk -> Got on fire -> got to zero health -> when at zero, got out of the burning state and started regenerating.
  • SN.WolfSN.Wolf Join Date: 2010-03-29 Member: 71115Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1841201:date=Apr 16 2011, 12:24 PM:name=McGlaspie)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (McGlaspie @ Apr 16 2011, 12:24 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1841201"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Here are some errors I've been seeing on my server (Team 156 - US East).

Encountering this when server is loading a map, doesn't matter which one.
    <!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->Location:GetIsPointInside(): No physics body, returning false. - Server<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->

Errors like these <b>always</b> appear during the course of a game:
    <!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->EffectManager:InternalTriggerAnimation(): Tried to play view model animation "bite_idle" but entity ViewModel isn't a player or a weapon. - Server
    EffectManager:InternalTriggerAnimation(): Tried to play view model animation "bite_idle" but entity ViewModel isn't a player or a weapon. - Server
    EffectManager:InternalTriggerAnimation(): Tried to play view model animation "bite_idle3" but entity ViewModel isn't a player or a weapon. - Server<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->

I'll post more as I come across it.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I get these same errors but i didn't see the "EffectManager" errors untill the server was running for about 20 hours. I would say this patch has made a giant leap forward for me, server and client.