Marines Require Orders

kingmobkingmob Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3650Members, Constellation
<div class="IPBDescription">(for increasing the interaction between commander and marine)</div>Marines Require Orders
or else they end up in the idle list.

Let me preface that with some background, observations, opinions, etc.

For playing marines the interaction level needed between commander and marine is higher
For playing aliens the interaction level NEEDED between commander and skulk is far lower.
The aliens role is a bit of a troublemaker anyways...and hivesite binds us together in other ways.

I believe that a large percentage of the games I have played as marine seem to have little to NO communication with the commander
unless the poop has hit the fan (All you stupid people get here the IP is going down).

Now lets define communication
I would define communication as voice, text, or waypoints.
All three are acceptable to me ... as a marine I usually ask for one of the three before wandering off and just shooting something.

Now the idea
I think orders should persist through death and respawn (defend HERE, attack HERE, patrol??)
I think also a commander when selecting a marine should see some resemblance of the current order.
(Why is he running down there...oh he has that old attack order...hold position here dude)
And every marine without an order should go into an IDLE list just like the MAC...just like every current RTS.
This will (hopefully) prompt the commander to at least go through this list and assign each of these people something to do.

The whole purpose is to increase (albeit slightly) the communication between commander and marine.

I apologize if this has already been stated...the search sucks on the forums.

Comments

• HarimauHarimau Join Date: 2007-12-24 Member: 63250Members
    edited April 2011
    Good ideas.

Added them to my <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=112500&view=findpost&p=1834670" target="_blank">massive post</a> about interface and input design.