Shotgun lights?

saltybp53saltybp53 Join Date: 2010-07-22 Member: 72675Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Those little dots on the side...</div>I was playing a round of ns2, just standing around the marine base watching stuff, when my shotgun did the idle animation. I noticed the little six dots on the side and remembered that those were originally going to be the ammo counter, but they added the top ammo counter because it didn't work at the time. So my question is, will they reuse the lights on the side for the ammo count, or keep it the same? Also, will they remove it if they keep it the same?

Sorry if I'm repeating an answered question, I do it because I care :D

Comments

• Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    The top ammo counter was actually added in order to show the reserve ammo, since the lights only showed current ammo. We still haven't had a chance to get those working, since its pretty low priority, and to make matters worse, Charlie changed the ammo count on the shotgun to 8 instead of 6, but there's only 6 lights, meaning the shotgun model would need to get reworked.

So, file that in the "haven't decided what to do with it yet, but there's much bigger things in the game to sort out first" category.

--Cory
  • weezlweezl Join Date: 2008-07-04 Member: 64557Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    will the indication be on the player model and not just first-person wep?
    in other words, will aliens be able to see a marine's ammo count?
  • RuntehRunteh Join Date: 2010-06-26 Member: 72163Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    That again comes under the line of Polish. Probably something they would like to do, and might possibly happen in the future.

But like all things, it depends on cash and future projects. I'm guessing.
  • FocusedWolfFocusedWolf Join Date: 2005-01-09 Member: 34258Members
    edited March 2011
    I think the dots should be used to indicate the state of the shotguns alt-fire capability. And if we go down that road then the shotgun doesn't fit with an integrated alt-fire that is so powerful that it requires a separate ammo readout, like how the rifle doesn't come standard with an integrated grenade launcher.

A much better solution is to replace the side-dots with side-equipment-attachment rails. Then the default alt-fire of the shotgun can be whatever the devs have planned (and i hope you guys stick with that claymore-bouncing-buckshot alt fire mentioned in the lua >:D), and ultimately opens the door for more diverse weapons attachments that are compatible with all weapons with attachment rails (like a taser attachment for shotgun and rifle).
  • saltybp53saltybp53 Join Date: 2010-07-22 Member: 72675Members
    Thanks for the quick answer Cory :D