Authentication

ThaldarinThaldarin Alonzi! Join Date: 2003-07-15 Member: 18173Members, Constellation
<div class="IPBDescription">It's irritating in it's current state</div>Okay so this is a little bit ragey, although it's impossible to quick drop in and out of game to test a level right now.

Authentication from what I see happens when a connection to a server is established or a map is loaded, either way whenever the game authenticates it's after you load the game and think hey, I'll be able to do what I need to do.

I continually keep getting "Authentication Failed" and okay it's not a big deal, although one day RSI will kick in and typing my long ass in-development level name in to the steam console 4+ times in a row to view it once is getting pretty irritiating.

So rant aside, can authentication be built in to the game start? So if the game can't authenticate, you can't run it? It seems to make more sense to me and for those with lower specs where it takes say, 20-30 seconds or more to load the game, it will be a big time saver for them if it takes 4 or more tries to get in game.