Infestation Slide

KuBaNKuBaN Join Date: 2002-11-16 Member: 8979Members, Constellation
edited March 2011 in Ideas and Suggestions
<div class="IPBDescription">Making the Gorge's belly slide useful</div>While the current belly slide is "cute" it seems ultimately useless (fade and slide have serious trouble with corners). I think it would be an interesting mechanic to have the Gorge's belly slide generate infestation in his wake, provided he belly slides from infestation. Since infestation is supposed to flow from an origin (Hive), it makes more sense than the current Infestation patch the Gorge (and Comm) drop. This also opens up a weapon slot for the Gorge, which is a Pro IMO, but may be a Con to the devs.

Comments

• HybridclawHybridclaw Join Date: 2003-11-03 Member: 22271Members
    +1

This sounds like a pretty good idea
  • PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted Gorge Richmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
    That would be very interesting, fun and helpful to your team at the same time xD
  • BuzzouBuzzou Join Date: 2006-12-14 Member: 59056Members, Constellation
    i like this idea, but i still want to be able to spit out infestation
    <!--quoteo(post=1836073:date=Mar 5 2011, 08:04 AM:name=Buzzou)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Buzzou @ Mar 5 2011, 08:04 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1836073"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->i like this idea, but i still want to be able to spit out infestation<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No reason the gorge can't have both.

This way we'll have infestation squirting out of both ends of the gorge :)
  • KuBaNKuBaN Join Date: 2002-11-16 Member: 8979Members, Constellation
    edited March 2011
    There's no reason he CAN'T have both, but that doesn't necessarily mean he should. Granted the patterns would be different, but the abilities would be pretty redundant for the most part. I think if a weapon slot can be opened up for the Gorge it'd be a plus considering his current status as an effective class.
  • Nex CarnifexNex Carnifex Join Date: 2011-01-06 Member: 76366Members
    To be honest, that just sounds way to silly to be taken as a serious suggestion. There's really no reason for it, and it would probably be a little OP.
    <!--quoteo(post=1836121:date=Mar 5 2011, 06:16 PM:name=Nex Carnifex)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nex Carnifex @ Mar 5 2011, 06:16 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1836121"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->To be honest, that just sounds way to silly to be taken as a serious suggestion. There's really no reason for it, and it would probably be a little OP.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The belly slide idea was already silly to begin with and yet it was still incorporated into the game (I am still wondering why it is in the game, it does not fit in with the mood of the game).

With regard to how powerful it is, dynamic infestation is still to early in development to make that call.
  • Chris0132Chris0132 Join Date: 2009-07-25 Member: 68262Members
    Honestly being OP is the only real issue I have with this.

Gorges could probably spread infestation pretty damn fast with this, if you find a way to cut the growth to a practical level, I'm all for it.
  • KuBaNKuBaN Join Date: 2002-11-16 Member: 8979Members, Constellation
    The suggestion is a general idea. Like almost every suggestion here, it will need to be value tweaked.
  • HarimauHarimau Join Date: 2007-12-24 Member: 63250Members
    The above two posts seemed to me to be irrelevant because I didn't see any values actually being discussed.