Kharaa Tower Defense

KuBaNKuBaN Join Date: 2002-11-16 Member: 8979Members, Constellation
edited February 2011 in Ideas and Suggestions
<div class="IPBDescription">Gorges Revenge</div>So it seems the consensus is that Gorges are a bit useless. In these times, I ask myself, "Were I a Gorge, a fat and antiquated Gorge, no longer needed by my community of grotesque organisms in favor of some newfangled "commander" technology, and I heard the news of my popularity rapidly declining... I ask myself, "What would I, a fat lazy Gorge do to make myself a productive member of society?"

Placing Infestation on a Marine Extractor disconnects it from the power grid. In this state, the Extractor still harvests resources, but cannot transmit them through the power grid (being disconnected from it and all). The extractor instead stores these resources locally, where they have a very limited window of viability, and must transported to a nearby Command Station. At this point, the nearest Command Station will send out a line of mini-MACs that travel to the Extractor, claim the resources, and return to their Command Station. The Gorge can now build a maze of whips, crags and hydras (each with unique abilities and multiple upgrades!) to delay the MACs from reaching the Extractor before the stored resources expire.

Alien Commander Mode: Team up with a friend for even more fun! (Coming Soon)

Comments

• RobBRobB TUBES OF THE INTERWEB Join Date: 2003-08-11 Member: 19423Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    I don't regard this as troll, but a disconnected building doesnt work at all.
    I'd like to see a hijacking instead - infest a marine rt, grab up to 3/4th (100% infection) of the res it produces for the alien team.