Damadge model

BriligBrilig Join Date: 2009-01-01 Member: 65938Members
I think its called a damadge model, but im not really sure. Anyway does anybody know if different parts of marines or aliens take more damadge than others? For instance head shots counting for more damadge? Just curious after playing around with the lerk sniper mode.

Comments

• TAPETRVETAPETRVE Join Date: 2011-02-08 Member: 80866Members
    edited February 2011
    With the lerk being the only unit to have somthing remotely similar to a sniper shot, damage zones don't make much sense in a game that's too fast paced for accurate targetting of body parts anyway - <i>NS</i> is more <i>Quake</i> than <i>Counterstrike</i>, even in <i>Marine vs. Marine</i> mode. On the other hand, it wouldn't take from the game, either.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    There is no damage model other then the Onos getting a Boneshield to reduce damage and weren't they thinking about adding a boneshield for the Gorge as well when he crouches?
  • BriligBrilig Join Date: 2009-01-01 Member: 65938Members
    If I remember right it was taken out in favor of belly slide. I believe they thought it was a better option for escaping vs taking extra damadge.
  • PricePrice Join Date: 2003-09-27 Member: 21247Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1833673:date=Feb 19 2011, 06:14 PM:name=Brilig)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brilig @ Feb 19 2011, 06:14 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1833673"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I think its called a damadge model, but im not really sure. Anyway does anybody know if different parts of marines or aliens take more damadge than others? For instance head shots counting for more damadge? Just curious after playing around with the lerk sniper mode.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    good point, but it looks the whole game isn't done, it has a lot and i mean a lot of bugs now, its mostly non-playable, sound disapear a lot and thats not just me.