Setting the weekly build to another day than friday

Deagle2Deagle2 Join Date: 2010-11-30 Member: 75360Members
I just though about that, since sometimes you guys have too many bugs, avoiding you to release on friday, wich makes us need to wait after the week-end :(
If you put the weekly build on wednesday (for instance), if you have to much bug on that day, you still have thursday and friday to fix thos bugs.
It might not be kind of a big deal, but since it's in the week-end that we have the most time to play, we would be almost certain to have it before it !

Now as I'm writing this, I'm thinking that maybe you like to release on friday also because it makes you feel like you've ended your work and it makes you feel relaxed for the week-end, but still it's just a suggestion :)

Comments

• FehaFeha Join Date: 2006-11-16 Member: 58633Members
    edited January 2011
    I like the idea of moving weekly builds to wednessday, altough maybe mondayis better, as then we can move their weekend to tuesday-wednesday. Then they got thursday and friday to fix the bugs.

This system would end up working almost exactly as stuff is atm, except we just offset the weeks in usa, so they work more conviniently for europe.

Awesome idea huh!?! xD
  • MaxMax Technical Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment Join Date: 2002-03-15 Member: 318Super Administrators, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    We actually start putting together and testing the build on Thursdays for the reason you mention. For some patches this has worked well (some we released on Thursday), but the last couple have had a lot of bugs to fix due to the amount of code that's changed. I really don't like to release patches that have new bugs, so sometimes that means making the executive decision to delay the release of the patch.

Since Friday is a hard stop and it's become difficult to get these patches out with 2 days of testing, we've already planned to modify this schedule to start our testing on Monday with the aim of releasing Monday or Tuesday.
  • Deagle2Deagle2 Join Date: 2010-11-30 Member: 75360Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1827852:date=Jan 27 2011, 08:57 PM:name=Max)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Max @ Jan 27 2011, 08:57 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1827852"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->We actually start putting together and testing the build on Thursdays for the reason you mention. For some patches this has worked well (some we released on Thursday), but the last couple have had a lot of bugs to fix due to the amount of code that's changed. I really don't like to release patches that have new bugs, so sometimes that means making the executive decision to delay the release of the patch.

Since Friday is a hard stop and it's become difficult to get these patches out with 2 days of testing, we've already planned to modify this schedule to start our testing on Monday with the aim of releasing Monday or Tuesday.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

=O I didn't know that, sorry for my useless suggestion then =) you guys are awesome.
    You're right not to release with new bugs, it would probably create confusion for some players.
    Keep up the good work guys, you are great!