Visor lowers when viewing Minimap

ASnogarDASnogarD Join Date: 2003-10-24 Member: 21894Members
Just a small idea, though I am not sure how much it will cost performance wise :P

Basically , when the Marine checks the Minimap the model should have that blue visor hud displayed.
Its one of those small details that makes for a few intresting moments, plus as a side benefit it would reward a sharp eyed Alien for using that tell tale as a sign for ambusing... or allow a Marine to bluff.

In short: Not checking minimap = no blue visor across the eyes / checking minimap = blue visor hud effect across the eyes ( of the 3rd person viewable model ).

Comments

• RuntehRunteh Join Date: 2010-06-26 Member: 72163Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    The Marines actually have some sort of holographic HUD don't they? It would be 'awesome' if the hud (eventually) accommodated this.

If you want an example of what I mean, check out the next Crysis vids.
  • schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
  • HarimauHarimau Join Date: 2007-12-24 Member: 63250Members
    The outer model, right? Awesome idea.
  • twilitebluetwiliteblue bug stalker Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13116Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Minimap with some type of fade-in scan line animation would be great!
  • ASnogarDASnogarD Join Date: 2003-10-24 Member: 21894Members
    Just to clarify ...

Say hypothetically a Skulk is watching a Marine , when the Marine player checks the minimap the Skulk player will see the blue visor HUD appear on the Marine model... like the concept art and forum header art featuring the woman marine, those blue lines across her eyes , thats what I mean by blue visor HUD.

When the Marine is running about not checking the minimap there is no visor hud visble , but if the player quickly checks the minimap it shows up on the model for other players to see.

I think it would be a 'cool' little detail , as long as it doesnt havea serious impact on performance I think it will add just a touch of extra detail to the game that says much thought was given to every aspect of the game.

... an ultra cool version would be to allow the visor when the Marine is consulting the minimap, to give off a faint blue lighting in a dark room.
    But thats probably costly engine performance wise.
  • l3lessedl3lessed Join Date: 2010-06-07 Member: 71977Members
    +1 if it would be easy to do.