Editor: Auto-remove doubles, merge faces etc...

Deagle2Deagle2 Join Date: 2010-11-30 Member: 75360Members
edited January 2011 in Ideas and Suggestions
I'm having some issues with editor right now wich could easily be fixed if there were that kind of usefull feature like "remove doubles" to remove one line/face/vertice when they are 2 at the same place or merge them together etc ...
Some kind of tools to optimize the map !

I don't know if it's possible but if the editor could also auto-remove useless lines/vertices it'd be cool too :)

[Edit] Oh and it'd be cool to also have something to realign everything on the grid, cause sometimes i don't know how but I sort of get vertices unaligned with the grid and then when i try to move them, they go automaticly too far...

Comments

• TigTig Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71674Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    edited January 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1825726:date=Jan 20 2011, 01:58 PM:name=Deagle2)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Deagle2 @ Jan 20 2011, 01:58 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1825726"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'm having some issues with editor right now wich could easily be fixed if there were that kind of usefull feature like "remove doubles" to remove one line/face/vertice when they are 2 at the same place or merge them together etc ...
    Some kind of tools to optimize the map !

I don't know if it's possible but if the editor could also auto-remove useless lines/vertices it'd be cool too :)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

put everything into a layer and hide the layer, anything remaining is extra and can be easily selected and then deleted.
  • Deagle2Deagle2 Join Date: 2010-11-30 Member: 75360Members
    Thanks for that tip, I'm noob mapper, and i didn't even know layers existed :D but even after that there were still a few stuff that were double =O
    But however it helped me a lot ! thanks =)
  • LoeyLoey Join Date: 2009-10-31 Member: 69187Members
    the way i over come the double vertice problem is to move the over lapping vertice 1 unit up, delete unnecessary vertice, join with line tool and move it back down into place.
  • Deagle2Deagle2 Join Date: 2010-11-30 Member: 75360Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1825837:date=Jan 21 2011, 03:35 AM:name=Loey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Loey @ Jan 21 2011, 03:35 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1825837"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->the way i over come the double vertice problem is to move the over lapping vertice 1 unit up, delete unnecessary vertice, join with line tool and move it back down into place.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That's how I do most of the time as well, but it's kind of a long way =O and sometimes I have to look around to find the double vertices.