Anti Grieving tools

ASnogarDASnogarD Join Date: 2003-10-24 Member: 21894Members
edited January 2011 in NS2 General Discussion
<div class="IPBDescription">Votekick and action annoucing</div>I usually hate Votekicks, hell I still do but with our planet being infested with air thieves who I gladly curse to find themselves infected with a severe flea infestation on thier left testicle, I must ask for the devs to consider such a system at least till the servers can acomadate enough players to assure admins are online.

These air thieves I mentioned have taken to infesting NS 2 and for some reason , take pleasure in messing up other players fun... recycling marine structures and generally ruining any fun the beta is providing.

A Votekick will allow the players online to remove these...things, and a action announce ( as in XXXX has recycled structure YYYY ) will allow us to identify the...vermin.

Can we not do something about this ?

Comments

• RulgrokRulgrok Join Date: 2007-04-04 Member: 60559Members
    Right now player has put out a fairly decent admin mod with a kick feature for registered admins and I am sure as the game development goes on better versions of features including these will come out. For the time being I don't think there is any way to specifically identify a player by IP or steamID though when such a thing becomes implemented it will make it easier to handle these cases. I know for the time being it can be a nuisance but for the most part I've found that just waiting out a round or hopping to another server usually handles dealing with grievers though it is a big pita.
  • mjkooncemjkoonce Join Date: 2007-09-16 Member: 62330Members
    Also, we need a mute player feature. The other day a troll whistled on the mic for over an hour. I had to turn my speakers off. Eventually everyone left the server.

Another issue that occurs is when trolls get in the com chair they recycle base and then the marines lose. Maybe there should be some kind of vote process that the marine players have to approve of the commander recycling base.
  • PricePrice Join Date: 2003-09-27 Member: 21247Members
    edited January 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1822795:date=Jan 9 2011, 03:13 AM:name=ASnogarD)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ASnogarD @ Jan 9 2011, 03:13 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1822795"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I usually hate Votekicks, hell I still do but with our planet being infested with air thieves who I gladly curse to find themselves infected with a severe flea infestation on thier left testicle, I must ask for the devs to consider such a system at least till the servers can acomadate enough players to assure admins are online.

These air thieves I mentioned have taken to infesting NS 2 and for some reason , take pleasure in messing up other players fun... recycling marine structures and generally ruining any fun the beta is providing.

A Votekick will allow the players online to remove these...things, and a action announce ( as in XXXX has recycled structure YYYY ) will allow us to identify the...vermin.

Can we not do something about this ?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Happend a lot, i notice that also a user called "niqqer" spam the voice with a very loud ringtone...very bad!
    The game needs a voice volume and kick and "admin can ban" function.
  • weezlweezl Join Date: 2008-07-04 Member: 64557Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    i've seen player(s) deliberately blinking out of map to become lerk
    and yea, was one guy mic-spamming a really annoying ringtone
  • ThaldarinThaldarin Alonzi&#33; Join Date: 2003-07-15 Member: 18173Members, Constellation
    <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=112026" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index....howtopic=112026</a>
  • syprosypro Join Date: 2009-10-31 Member: 69195Members
    Saw that aswell, Player(generic name ?) is awesome.
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Player's admin mod is awesome, but it would still be nice to have some native admin commands. It looks like at a minimum, Player (or other admin mod dev) needs a unique ID to allow for banning.
  • ThaldarinThaldarin Alonzi&#33; Join Date: 2003-07-15 Member: 18173Members, Constellation
    That's the good thing about how open UW are being.

Support player's admin mod, it may be included in some form.
  • shivshiv Join Date: 2010-04-11 Member: 71341Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1822973:date=Jan 9 2011, 01:50 PM:name=Price)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Price @ Jan 9 2011, 01:50 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1822973"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Happend a lot, i notice that also a user called "niqqer" spam the voice with a very loud ringtone...very bad!
    The game needs a voice volume and kick and "admin can ban" function.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

ah, so you've had the pleasure of meeting "niqqer" as well? He's also a base recycler and exploiter. I distinctly remember one game where he was on the alien team which was losing so he rejoins on the marine team and hops in a comm chair and starts recycle everything.
  • FroggerFrogger Join Date: 2010-07-31 Member: 73377Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1823053:date=Jan 10 2011, 04:30 AM:name=shiv)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shiv @ Jan 10 2011, 04:30 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1823053"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->ah, so you've had the pleasure of meeting "niqqer" as well? He's also a base recycler and exploiter. I distinctly remember one game where he was on the alien team which was losing so he rejoins on the marine team and hops in a comm chair and starts recycle everything.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I've come across him, so many times infact i just sit back and laugh cause I know whats going to happen, if i'm on marines and he joins marines then I just hop to RR, when hes on aliens its just gorge + hydra spam every where.

I believe we both shared a game or two with him shiv.