Falling trough the map in rockdown..

GeneralBowserGeneralBowser Join Date: 2010-05-19 Member: 71801Members
Ok I love the fade, so I play the fade really alot. As a consequence I'm constantly subjected to falling trough the map. I think I "blink" trough it about 4-5 times in a game. That's costing the alliens alot of delays and thus victory's.

Allien spam is one of the hotspots, as is the way from marine start to central, but there are more..

Mayb add something in the maptool that automaticly checks for holes in the map? I don't know..

Comments

• AlignAlign Remain Calm Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5216Forum Moderators, Constellation
    This has never happened to me... any specific spots or moments that cause it?
  • SehzadeSehzade Join Date: 2010-12-29 Member: 76024Members
    happened to me on rockdown as well.
    as egg (morphing in a vent)
    and as Fade blinking somewhere.

I ll never morph in a vent anymore =)
    I tried to fly back when I hatched as Lurk but I couldn't tell if I make progress cause screen was all black because I was too far away from the actual map.

greets
  • HolepuncherHolepuncher Join Date: 2010-12-29 Member: 76021Members
    edited December 2010
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXx5OUd91Uo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXx5OUd91Uo</a>

This does work in 160 and I can reproduce it in online and offline games.

Yes, it is super cheap and can be abused like hell. As a lerk you can see and shoot through the walls.
  • peregrinusperegrinus Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72445Members
    Blinked out of the map once (not including the old versioins when there was a gaping hole in rockdown)

I've fallen through the map as an egg a couple of times when I tried to evolve.

Never left the map as a skulk or gorge.
  • GeneralBowserGeneralBowser Join Date: 2010-05-19 Member: 71801Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1820501:date=Dec 31 2010, 01:44 PM:name=Align)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Align @ Dec 31 2010, 01:44 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1820501"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->This has never happened to me... any specific spots or moments that cause it?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I mentioned the spots, but I figured it was a pretty common occurance..
    It happens when ur blinking..