Unknown error...

ElowindElowind Join Date: 2002-03-06 Member: 279Members
ok well im wondering if any of u have seen this error before, becuz there is no error window, and when i check for errors on my map (WC) it says there are none. However when i run my map it seems to work ok, its a little shakely laggy and whne u turn around and face a certain direction it closes out of the program automatically without any error. sooo wuts wrong?

Comments

• badmofobadmofo Join Date: 2002-01-28 Member: 121Members
    that's REALLY wierd - post your BSP and if possible explain how to replicate the error - maybe one of us will understand it if we can see it for ourselves
  • DruBoDruBo Back In Beige Join Date: 2002-02-06 Member: 172Members, NS1 Playtester
    my computer does that sometimes. if you play sp hl, and cheat to get a crowbar early in the game, and go to where the gman is, and smack him with the crowbar, the game freaks out and quits. Check your entities. often, WC doesn't notice entity errors, like a target that's named in the "kill target" box but doesn't exist in the map.
  • DarthDiviDarthDivi Join Date: 2002-03-13 Member: 311Members
    are u running your map with worldcraft open? Tis a sure way to get dodgy things happening.
  • Black_WolfBlack_Wolf Join Date: 2002-03-13 Member: 310Members
    hmm, i never got an error when i smacked the g-man up . . .

i think this would have to be a compile error, check through the log and stuff, the laggy bit especially makes me think something went on in compiling, is your level lit when you run it?
  • RhoadsToNowhereRhoadsToNowhere i r 8 Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 33Members
    The fact that it crashes when you look in a certain direction (I presume you've tried this a bunch of times and got the same outcome each time?) makes me think it's some kind of brush error, but then again since QuArK does not allow the creation of invalid brushes I could be mistaken.
  • MuuMuu Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 23Members
    Hum an invalide brush would never compile!
    I think I've had this problem befor - a long time ago - Check that you dont have the AAATriger textur on any world brushes, that I think my be the cause.
  • Black_WolfBlack_Wolf Join Date: 2002-03-13 Member: 310Members
    hmm, u serious? i didnt think aaa_trigger stuffed wordl brushes, ive seen dodgy maps made by friends who accidentally had aaa_trigger on world brushes . .  didnt crash for me