What i found out, What Do You Think?

louis cardinallouis cardinal Join Date: 2010-12-14 Member: 75664Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Have been testing in ns2</div>Testing in ns2, first of all im posting this here due to the quote "most ns2 developers read this section"

Okay i have tested each lifeform class, now with the understanding of this i have found out with the <u>fade</u> and <u>skulk</u> when you jump your movement speed doesnt increase in any way.

but when you walk forward (W key) and press jump (spacebar) with GORGE you move INSANELY fast compared to it's original speed.

now im not aware if this is meant to be or if this was a bug or some kind but WOW try this out if already this has been figured out.

use gorge, go to third person or first or switch between the two, walk with spamming the spacebar key to jump, the gorge moves faster than the onos, fade and skulk.

his jump makes him move faster than usual and this is pretty epic but thats why i posted this.

is he meant to be so fast like that?

If not? well i guess this is going to be on the To Do List.

Comments

• SmasherSmasher Join Date: 2005-03-06 Member: 43732Members
  • JerunkJerunk Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9659Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1819542:date=Dec 26 2010, 01:05 PM:name=louis cardinal)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (louis cardinal @ Dec 26 2010, 01:05 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1819542"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Testing in ns2, first of all im posting this here due to the quote "most ns2 developers read this section"

Okay i have tested each lifeform class, now with the understanding of this i have found out with the <u>fade</u> and <u>skulk</u> when you jump your movement speed doesnt increase in any way.

but when you walk forward (W key) and press jump (spacebar) with GORGE you move INSANELY fast compared to it's original speed.

now im not aware if this is meant to be or if this was a bug or some kind but WOW try this out if already this has been figured out.

use gorge, go to third person or first or switch between the two, walk with spamming the spacebar key to jump, the gorge moves faster than the onos, fade and skulk.

his jump makes him move faster than usual and this is pretty epic but thats why i posted this.

is he meant to be so fast like that?

If not? well i guess this is going to be on the To Do List.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Why not post in the bug reporting software?
  • louis cardinallouis cardinal Join Date: 2010-12-14 Member: 75664Members
    because i dont know if thats a bug, the gorge moves pretty darn fast when he jumps+moves, i cant tell if it is a bug or not= thats why im here.

So is it a bug? apologies if it is.

and replying on the other guy, no not belly slide, just jumping (spacebar)

So should i report this with that software? (after telling me if this is even a bug)
  • JerunkJerunk Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9659Members
    I only suggested that because you continue to fill the forums with spam and terrible threads.
  • InsaneInsane Anomaly Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    It would be best if you used GetSatisfaction for any bugs or issues you notice with the game, instead of posting a new thread for each one here. Your issue is more likely to be seen, and it keeps these forums a little neater.
This discussion has been closed.