Question about NS2 upgrades for aliens

louis cardinallouis cardinal Join Date: 2010-12-14 Member: 75664Members
<div class="IPBDescription">not too sure about this...</div>i notice when i go to the life forms menu (default B) depending on what you are currently if you move your cursor down you come across various upgrades that come in icons, can someone please tell me what these are? how are they used and how are they gained? what do they do?

OR

should i not be asking this question and probably later in the future the community will develop the wiki page/game manual just like it happend for ns1,

apologies if this is very unecessary...

Comments

• DeadzoneDeadzone Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17911Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    As far as I know they're just not implemented yet. I imagine we'll hear more about it as more features start working.
  • InfraRedInfraRed Join Date: 2003-01-20 Member: 12508Members, Constellation
    I was once able to upgrade leap which was one of these icons but haven't been able to since
  • EnceladusEnceladus Join Date: 2004-01-18 Member: 25442Members
    The icons give you the ability to select the upgrade you want to use. My guess it that you have a couple of upgrades available and are able to choose one or two of them once researched.

At the moment only running leap is working for the skulk, once the alien comm has researched it. So once it's available, click on the icon, and it will appear below the skulk and you will use running leap instead of generic.
  • louis cardinallouis cardinal Join Date: 2010-12-14 Member: 75664Members
    wow so that is very cool, i love this system where you can select your own upgrades.

im impressed and this is by far superior to the ns1 purchasing of skills system.

but will the limit be like in ns1? 1 upgrade per chamber (whip+crag+other stuff to come)