New idea: map objects to utilize with

louis cardinallouis cardinal Join Date: 2010-12-14 Member: 75664Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Hi and come in here</div>WHAT ARE YOU DOING ISNT THERE ALREADY A POST ABOUT THIS?

i find that the post is quite dead and they went off topic, if i posted there i feel that it would have been undiscovered so here i am and good day.

Explosive objects:

yes... barrels... boxes... you can choose

what is more suited to an aircraft space environment? what kind of object would contain explosive material? im not sure if it would be a canister... or box or a kind of any certain object will be nice.

Every start of the game there will be explosive objects... these objects will detonate and have a initial explosion damage like the grenade launcher and then will light the alien/structures on fire for the duration of the burning flamethrower weapon.

lets say... two of these explosive objects are in each room that has a power node... depending on the size of that area there could be less or more.

so the damage would be of a single grenade launcher+lighting you on fire IF you are close enough to the blast proximity.

AND i would also like to add something else... when you use your USE key (default E) you can pick these items up... when you pick them up your weapons will disappear like when your building something, you will hold the object with your hands on it.. just like in crysis when you hold or pick up something and you can toss it forward by left clicking OR drop it down infront of you with no force with right click.

this will allow intellegent placement and will be freaking cool in terms of tactics.

If you shoot them as a marine it will not explode right away... perhaps two or three shots from a weapon or a few seconds from the flame thrower will cause them to explode.

the barrels will cause damage to BOTH aliens and marine team and yes the marine if too close can DIE and catch on fire.

lerk's spikes can use this and blow them up and so can be used against the marine's own ship.

even gorge's spit can cause these items to explode.

these explosive materials will be pushed away easily if ran into so no problems will be caused... like blocking an onos by putting them infront of the door lol...

so what do you think> whos in?

Comments

• HarimauHarimau Join Date: 2007-12-24 Member: 63250Members
    edited December 2010
    Quit polluting my clean and tidy NS2 forums!

Pull the thread back on topic if you need to. I take the stance that the idea's already been discussed enough, and so the discussion naturally moved onto other less related matters and that's FINE because these are CONVERSATIONS and that's just what happens in conversations.

And stop asking "who's in" dammit.

I already explained in one of your many many many other threads that it doesn't (or shouldn't) matter "who's in". Smart designers don't make decisions based on community consensus, but on good design principles.

Look, man. I can tell you're enthusiastic, and that's great. But dial it down a notch, keep it in the same threads, and quit asking "who's in" because GOD that's annoying.

It must also be noted that this is not in fact a "new idea" really. Greater interactivity with the environments has been a popular, much re-iterated idea since before even the alpha testing days. And don't quote me, but I've read that the developers do in fact want greater interactivity, and more 'dynamic' environments.
  • louis cardinallouis cardinal Join Date: 2010-12-14 Member: 75664Members
    so for or against these environments to be filled with objects?
    For interactivity.

FOR INTERACTIVITY!

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->FIGHT, BRETHREN! <b>FOR INTERACTIVITY!</b><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
  • thecowsaysmoothecowsaysmoo Join Date: 2008-02-02 Member: 63557Members
    dont like it, this is just an obvious marine advantage and cannot be used by the aliens in any way. Would create situations where the marines can use explosive barrels to keep aliens from going down certain hallways etc etc.

do not want....
    lol it can be used against the marines... you dont get it ?
  • pSyk0mAnpSyk0mAn Nerdish by Nature Germany Join Date: 2003-08-07 Member: 19166Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Community Developer
    I don't get it. Who's in?
  • SilverwingSilverwing bulletsponge Join Date: 2003-11-23 Member: 23395Members, Constellation
    <streamofconsciousnesstypebabblewithnotevenahintofanattempttousethehandysearch
    button>

Who's in?

Also, could a mod plz rename this guy to "Postcount++"?
    why would I want to increase my post count?

why would anyone want to have their post count increased.

i dont give a single damn about you or myself in termso f number of posts, you can consider me a post count -1 if you want, thats personal and your just going off topic talking about these types of things because i want what most people want, excluding MISTAKEN POSTS that MIGHT already exist.

<u>to make ns2 possibly better</u>

and as a matter a fact i did state in my first post i KNEW this already existed in the forums, im just reposting and getting more DETAILED into specific things, the previous topic that started about objects in the game were also talking about blocking things.

<b>"WHAT ARE YOU DOING ISNT THERE ALREADY A POST ABOUT THIS?

i find that the post is quite dead and they went off topic, if i posted there i feel that it would have been undiscovered so here i am and good day."</b>
    World peace.

Who's in?
    Ignoring comebacks that completely prove you wrong, very very slick.

<b>i must shake your hand now for you are a very fine gentlemen</b>

maturity has risen to new level for Harimau
    Base level of intelligence. Who's in?
    Yes Harimau, despite your hypocritisism and retardation your pretty funny, saying that i post to increase post count, please dont let me start with your posts.

im sorry but i sincerely apologise, i cannot argue against someone as <b>intellegent as you</b>
    lol I find that funny because I haven't said that once. I've read someone else say that to you, so you're obviously misassociating his words with me.
    Also, "intelligent".
    wow? he just doesnt understand the meaning of <b>going off topic</b>

at least he learnt to type in the first place. I feel sorry for you Harimau.

So question remains explosive objects around the map= yes or no? please proceed.