Planetside.... Sequel?

1222324252628»

Comments

• spellman23spellman23 NS1 Theorycraft Expert Join Date: 2007-05-17 Member: 60920Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2040738:date=Dec 5 2012, 07:41 PM:name=[WHO]Them)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE ([WHO]Them @ Dec 5 2012, 07:41 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2040738"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
    From what I understand, cap progress goes to the total number of people across all cap points. And since each point has a limited number of people that can cap it, sometimes you can get a situation where 30 dudes are at A, and 6 enemy dudes are at B, and you're stalemated if A and B have the same player capacity.

Similarly, you can have the same 30 dudes at A, and 1 enemy dude at B, and another enemy dude at C, and still be stalemated if A has a limit of 2 dudes.

I could be wrong about that. But it's what I think is going on.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Sounds right.

I've seen the bar move even if only 1 or 2 of the multi-cap base points are covered. But you maximize the rate if all are at capacity.
  • ScytheScythe Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 46NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation, Reinforced - Silver
    There are three factors in capping a base: Influence from neighbouring zones, having lettered points captured and how full each point is. If every adjacent map zone is controlled by your team, and you have all three cap points, and 2/2, or 6/6, or whatever, on each cap point, you'll cap the base fastest.

--Scythe--
  • lolfighterlolfighter Snark, Dire Join Date: 2003-04-20 Member: 15693Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2040525:date=Dec 5 2012, 11:03 PM:name=Aldaris)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aldaris @ Dec 5 2012, 11:03 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2040525"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Yeah, no. Not only is it easier to focus damage with a Raider, but it does good damage vs all targets. Deliverer only does good damage against armoured. There's a reason you never saw Deliverers anymore after the ES versions came out.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    The only thing you NEEDED good damage against was armoured, and the Deliverer was way better for that. Squishy infantry died quickly enough anyway. There's a reason my outfit never used Raiders.
  • sherpasherpa stopcommandermode Join Date: 2006-11-04 Member: 58338Members
    edited December 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2040738:date=Dec 6 2012, 04:41 AM:name=[WHO]Them)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE ([WHO]Them @ Dec 6 2012, 04:41 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2040738"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
    From what I know of the internets. It's possible that you just have a bad route to their servers because either your ISP, or someone they lease connections from, or someone that second party leases connections from, etc, has hit a bottleneck between you and and the PS2 servers. It wouldn't necessarily show up on a ping, as it could be that the choke is throughput from all similar PS2 players that fit into your same routing bucket.

I could be entirely wrong about that, but it's my theory. Back on a crappier ISP I noticed that sometimes playing counter-strike that my traffic would get routed a couple thousand miles to connect to a server that was only 30 miles or so away. It's not the general case, but it can happen. The internet is wacky like that.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I tried a U.S. server to see if it's routing and it's still the same. I also pinged an EU server and it gave a respectable (and steady) 60ms.
  • AlignAlign Remain Calm Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5216Forum Moderators, Constellation
    edited May 2013

PS1 going free to play?! For now, we've got 6 months for all players of 1 or 2.
  • KenshikenKenshiken Join Date: 2013-02-01 Member: 182698Members
    I am playing on EU Ceres server as Vanu, Vanquished outfit.
    http://www.planetside-universe.com/character.php?stats=Kenshiken

Add me as friend, if you want.
  • AlignAlign Remain Calm Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5216Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Kenshiken wrote: »
    "Most Played Weapon: Force-Blade"
    Eh?
  • KenshikenKenshiken Join Date: 2013-02-01 Member: 182698Members
    Align wrote: »
    Kenshiken wrote: »
    "Most Played Weapon: Force-Blade"
    Eh?
    ahaha, didn't see it .. and, I have no idea why the hell it's the most used weapon by me.
    It's should be Orion or Flare VE6 instead.
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    never played this, also what a bump.. why does this thread have so many views? Was this forum popping that much more in 2010?