unknownworlds server

WheeeeWheeee Join Date: 2003-02-18 Member: 13713Members, Reinforced - Shadow
<div class="IPBDescription">resflow changes?</div>i went on the unknownworlds server tonight and noticed a drastic reduction in res flow for the marine team. coupled with the fact that marines don't spawn with an ip, and aliens can get upgrades, map control, and fades almost immediately with starting res pool, it leads to incredibly one-sided matches. i hope this isn't the res flow planned for next patch or there will be a LOT of qq'ing, either starting res needs to be raised, or carbon res rate needs to be raised. plasma was still too abundant, so I think it could be toned down. The one game we won was through sheer godlike teamwork on a shotgun rush to the hive.

My thoughts:
*increase carbon rate from res nodes ~2x, keep plasma rate the same
*Increase hive cost to 35
*Decrease kharaa start carbon to ~50
*Limit res node upgrades to 1 per hive/cc tier
*Make kharaa upgrades properly cost resources (melee/armor/hive upgrades are free right now)
*make drifters cost res, or decrease mac energy cost to like 40-45.

i noticed a bug, if you build sentries and recycled them, you got carbon refund instead of plasma, so as a comm you could jump in, build a bunch of sentries with your excess plasma, then recycle them all and get an instant resource pool.

Comments