Misc. alien animations

StakhanovStakhanov Join Date: 2003-03-12 Member: 14448Members
I only recently checked NS2's content with the model viewer , after swirling drifters drew my curiosity. I have to say , the alien side's animations are very detailed and lifelike. Idle animations for structures , even the whip can stretch or scratch itself sometimes. Most are very subtle.

All aliens seem to share a "primal scream" taunt animation , but some have extras. The fade is mean and caught on human body language , issuing death threats and also rude gestures :p

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Those Fade death threats are kinda... Dangerous to himself as well what with the giant scythes :P
  • sickboysickboy Join Date: 2003-09-13 Member: 20804Members, Constellation
    You'd think he'd at least wear an armored cup with all the thrashing around around he does with those dangerously unkempt fingernails. And how does he eat hamburgers?! Poor guy.. he'll suffer the same fate as the T-Rex, mark my words.

If you find any interesting ones, I'd love to see a video. I don't believe in having a model viewer, as it is against my morals... and willingness to go get one, but mostly my shallow, depraved morals.
  • StakhanovStakhanov Join Date: 2003-03-12 Member: 14448Members
    No choice here. Natural Selection 2 is packaged with one !

I haven't yet seen a hive being "scared" in game. Wonder when that happens.
  • sickboysickboy Join Date: 2003-09-13 Member: 20804Members, Constellation
    Hives are ooobviously afraid of spiders and enclosed spaces. Wall 'em off with armories and chuck a sack of daddy long legs in there and it's gg.

As for the model viewer, /facepalm (Fades can't do that either... no hamburgers AND no insulting gestures, underpowered much?)
  • whoppaXXLwhoppaXXL Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58298Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    The Animations are done very well and the nice thing is that you can play the game hours and you'll notice some new little gimmick you did not see before.