157 is going to be HUGE!

derWalterderWalter Join Date: 2008-10-29 Member: 65323Members
<div class="IPBDescription">some hot points</div>x- Inferred rendering system (ooooh yeah :) do we see the next performance hit, or will it improve fps? ... we will see :) )

x- Dynamic infestation gameplay (does this mean DI make it into the game yet?)

x- Add portable power nodes to address tunnels, hive rooms, etc.

x- Implement catpacks (if its jetpacks marines will own once more :) - but DI will turn this around as soon as it arrives :P)

Comments

• AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    i don't want to spoil the party ;) BUT
    156 probably won't have those things. flayra will work on those points, but if i got this right, it is usually the technical side that decides when a release happens, and whatever feature is ready then gets in. Thats why you see a release bar in the technical todo list, but not in the gameplay tasks.

That beeing said, looking forward to the new patches :D
  • ZurikiZuriki Join Date: 2010-11-20 Member: 75105Members
    I believe Catpacks are Catalyst packs (armory upgrade).
  • peregrinusperegrinus Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72445Members
    Dynamic Infestation <u><i>Gameplay</i></u>

That sounds like they haven't finished the graphic effects for DI
  • yourbonesakinyourbonesakin Join Date: 2005-08-06 Member: 57682Members
    edited November 2010
    The most important one:

Eat, drink and be merry. Happy Thanksgiving! Status: Started.

Eat some turkey, Devs. Get sleepy. You deserve it.

Edit: Just looking through that list... Damn. I was getting nerd chills towards the end. All sounds awesome.
  • PaiSandPaiSand Join Date: 2005-01-07 Member: 33487Members
    I just read all the progress log, and is huge!!!

This:

Onos movement
    Onos stomp/disrupt
    Onos "jump" to cover longer distances
    Onos bone shield

And:
    Gorge Bacteria upgrade

YEAH!!!
  • Soylent_greenSoylent_green Join Date: 2002-12-20 Member: 11220Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1809948:date=Nov 24 2010, 04:14 PM:name=PaiSand)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PaiSand @ Nov 24 2010, 04:14 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1809948"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Gorge Bacteria upgrade

YEAH!!!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Looking at the state of the teeth on the gorge view model, it already has halitosis so bad it can melt through a comm chair like butter.
  • AlignAlign Remain Calm Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5216Forum Moderators, Constellation
    I don't think they intend to do every single item on the list for the next build...
  • PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted Gorge Richmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
    Yeah, it'll probably be 2+ patch away before we get any DI gameplay happening.
  • PaiSandPaiSand Join Date: 2005-01-07 Member: 33487Members
    Yes, but is really nice to see that is close to be added.
  • DeadzoneDeadzone Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17911Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1809954:date=Nov 24 2010, 04:34 PM:name=Align)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Align @ Nov 24 2010, 04:34 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1809954"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I don't think they intend to do every single item on the list for the next build...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

^that

Most of those to-do notes have been on there for 2-3 builds now. All we are looking at are the current list of stuff they've sat down and decided to do. Until the little "Patch 157" blip chops off a section, there is not a single guaranteed thing for the next patch.
  • TheGivingTreeTheGivingTree Join Date: 2003-01-09 Member: 12070Members
    Just because you see it on the list doesn't mean it will make it in the next patch. For example Shift - Recall, Shift - Echo etc. have been on the list for months yet haven't made it into any of the patches. Those are just a few examples if you've followed the progress for a while you will see many on the list that have been floating around for months but never made the patches, this will be the same for many in the next patch as well including Dynamic Infestation considering the mass amount of work that will take.
  • SolitarioSolitario Join Date: 2006-10-29 Member: 58097Members
    I prefer a few new stuff in a soon releasing patch! :)
  • ZurikiZuriki Join Date: 2010-11-20 Member: 75105Members
    A periodic update of say once every two or three or four weeks (but keep it consistent) is much better than random, unpredictable updates.
  • whoppaXXLwhoppaXXL Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58298Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1809949:date=Nov 24 2010, 12:20 PM:name=Soylent_green)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Soylent_green @ Nov 24 2010, 12:20 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1809949"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Looking at the state of the teeth on the gorge view model, it already has halitosis so bad it can melt through a comm chair like butter.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

i lol'd

Commander interface and it's structures/players should more stand out, imo. It almost feels like NS2 vanilla is on the highway to us!
  • countbasiecountbasie Join Date: 2008-12-27 Member: 65884Members
    I want performance!

An a jumping onos? Wtf. Gotta say I like that.
  • PipiPipi Join Date: 2009-12-09 Member: 69550Members
    Personally, I'd prefer solid networking to a lot of gameplay additions because the game will really soon be in need of balancing attention and you can't do that if it is too laggy.