Getsatisfaction..

2»

Comments

• EnceladusEnceladus Join Date: 2004-01-18 Member: 25442Members
    I was able to reproduce most of the stuff for B156
    As for the network problems.. I only got the "connections problems.." on join in this build yet, don't know about others, it's up to the reports :)

Apart from that..

added: Damage indicators pointing in wrong direction
    added: Eggs spawn inside structures or outside level
    added: running leap upgrade carries over between rounds - I wasn't able to reproduce it, but since it's being mentioned to be there..
    added: armory reacts on team spectators
    added: Spark editor problems -> Added the link to the topic in NS2 Mapping so it does not get lost :)
  • ZenoZeno Join Date: 2007-09-05 Member: 62183Members
    edited November 2010
    The text in the game gets broken, some textures are messed up (even after verifying game cache) and the game crashes after these bugs: [<a href="http://getsatisfaction.com/unknownworlds/topics/unreadable_text_mostly_followed_by_a_crash" target="_blank">1</a>] [<a href="http://getsatisfaction.com/unknownworlds/topics/changing_resolutions_causes_text_to_blur" target="_blank">2</a>] [<a href="http://getsatisfaction.com/unknownworlds/topics/bugs_bugs_bugs_text_cant_be_read" target="_blank">3</a>] [<a href="http://getsatisfaction.com/unknownworlds/topics/broken_fonts" target="_blank">4</a>] [<a href="http://getsatisfaction.com/unknownworlds/topics/broken_muzzle_flash_blurred_text" target="_blank">5</a>]
    It seems i'm not the only one having this problem.
    added: Server feature: timestamp to logs
    added: Game text messes up, becomming unreadable
    added: flying skulk
    added: x on armory menu
    added: sentry not shooting in melee range
    added ns_rockdown hole in wall
    updated: Found another source for the weird graphic problem on nvidia
  • WheeeeWheeee Join Date: 2003-02-18 Member: 13713Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    repairing a functional but damaged power node will toggle the lights to emergency lighting.
  • SgtBarlowSgtBarlow Level Designer Join Date: 2003-11-13 Member: 22749Members, NS2 Developer
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->- ns_tram:
    --- Powernodes in the hive room and the natural hive expansion are missing since b155 [1] [20.11.10] [R] [B156]<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Is intended.
  • McGlaspieMcGlaspie www.team156.com Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73044Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester
    <!--quoteo(post=1811240:date=Nov 27 2010, 02:29 PM:name=SgtBarlow)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SgtBarlow @ Nov 27 2010, 02:29 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1811240"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Is intended.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Whaaa?! That doesn't make sense, unless bias is focused towards marines. With replicate and power <u><b>always</b></u> in the hive room, rines can spam sentries. Game Over.
  • AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    try to build something.
    You will find out that:
    no power node = no power = no buildings.

Later portable powernodes will be added so that the marines can build at those places where there is no powernode.
  • Bobby is going homeBobby is going home Join Date: 2010-04-11 Member: 71323Awaiting Authorization
    <!--quoteo(post=1811262:date=Nov 27 2010, 08:10 PM:name=McGlaspie)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (McGlaspie @ Nov 27 2010, 08:10 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1811262"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Whaaa?! That doesn't make sense, unless bias is focused towards marines. With replicate and power <u><b>always</b></u> in the hive room, rines can spam sentries. Game Over.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Its just for now. In the future power will be off in hive room and no power node. Resulting in portable power nodes will be the only way to build in hive room for marines.
    time for an update..
    Not much new stuff reported on getsatisfaction anymore at the moment. Time for a patch ;)

anyways

added: Reload sound of the shotgun gets repeated +1 times for each additional shell reloaded

removed: Powernodes in ns_tram

as for
    <!--quoteo(post=1811139:date=Nov 27 2010, 12:26 PM:name=Wheeee)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wheeee @ Nov 27 2010, 12:26 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1811139"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->repairing a functional but damaged power node will toggle the lights to emergency lighting.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I couldn't reproduce it. Neither with cheats on, nor on a dedicated. I'm not saying that it's not there, but well.. any more info on that?
    New build, time to check :>

Fixed: Unpowered Armory still plays sound when approaching
    Fixed: ns_rockdown hole in wall
    Fixed: Grenades spawn out of the players head - also I'm not sure about it. Atm it will launch from the regular rifle barrel, but isn't the left addon the grenade launcher.. hmm

Added: ns_junction - The vent in alien start has walls which cannot be climbed
    Added: ns_tram - Small hole in map at marine start
    Added: The commander hotkeys (Marines) are assigned multiple times

Changed: ns_tram - Colision Geometry visible in hive area under the stairs - was: textures missing in alien hive

Reproduced: Finnaly, or unfortunately it occured to me that the game didn't want to process my game input. I was unable to use my console key anymore

So much for the old stuff, let's get on the new :)
    edited December 2010
    Fixed: Hydra will not hit IPs
    Fixed: ns2:tram - Small hole in map in marine start

Added: Assisting building an alien structure will make weldsparks appear
    Added: Tooltip for Mac indicates Carbon use. Should be Energy
    Added: When marines loose and their IP got destroyed, no new IP will spawn on next round start
    Added: Selecting multiple Macs and placing a sentry, each mac will build a separate sentry
    Added: Spectator FOV affected by Lerk snipe mode
    Added: Changing map or restarting listenserver again will stuck
    Added: Killing a drifter while the it settles down for building will still make the structure spawn
    Added: MACs don't repair the armor of a damaged building
    Added: Crag upgrade menu does not have a back button anymore
    Added: ns2:tram - There is a hole in the floor in the observation area
    Added: Screen edges flahing when in near death mode
    Added: Weapons module title displaying wrong text
    Added: Tooltips for Ammo and Medpack indicate Carbon use instead of Plasma
    Added: Buymenu sometimes won't show up on upgraded armory/weapons module (structure passthrough)
    Added: Rifle reload delay can be skipped
    Added: Carbon stockpile is not limited < 1024
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    NS2.exe crashed when a marine tried to build a command station I dropped at alien spawn.
    Added: Flamethrower can shoot through walls
    Added: Jumping to a Hotgroup via key will jump to a random position on the map
    Added: Extractors/Harvesters cannot be build if another structure is too close
    Added: Melee 2 resp. Melee 3 can be researched without previous upgrades when the hives are upgraded
    Added: Drifters/MACs cannot be build while Hive/CC upgrade is running
    Added: Recycling a Sentry will return Carbon instead of Plasma
    Fixed: chat will overlap the character name as soon as a certain length is reached
    Fixed: ns_tram - Colision Geometry visible in hive area under the stairs
    Fixed: ns_tram - There is a hole in the floor in the observation area

Added: There is no automatic linebreak to the chat anymore. The whole text goes into one line, floating out of the screen if too long
    Added: Entering a Hive will play the weld sound and sparks appear
    Added: Leaving hive/cc cancels build order
    Added: Commander selection cursor icon is not centered on the tip of the yellow cursor
    Added: MACs attempt to assist-build debris from destroyed buildings
    Added: Commander interface is not click through safe, i.e. if a unit is below a button, the interface will register the button click, but aswell select the unit below the button
    Added: Mature Crags won't show their healing range circle anymore
    Added: Tooltip for Sentry indicates carbon used. Should be plasma

Changed: Structures can be build ontop of each other or units -> Structures can be build ontop of the CC or units (MAC & Player)