Can not connect to servers

2»

Comments

• throttlethrottle Join Date: 2003-11-13 Member: 22776Members, Constellation
    edited November 2010
    You can get in. I've played about 15 minutes, then the server appears to crash? I'm guessing that's what's happening since everyone disconnects.

Note that when you're in the connection problem... phase you can run around with impunity.

Edit: duh, they just tweeted about the crashiness.
  • InterloperInterloper Join Date: 2010-07-05 Member: 72257Members
    I get it as well, the not being able to connect problem...
  • HAMMER22HAMMER22 Join Date: 2003-06-18 Member: 17476Members
    Could the connection problems be related to a closed port? Is there any word on which port natural selection 2 uses?
  • SuomisSuomis Join Date: 2010-11-18 Member: 74998Members
    I can try opening ports if the correct ones are told to me.
    I was just able to join a server. It was fun until the server crashed. Trying again now.
  • superNoidsuperNoid Join Date: 2010-11-21 Member: 75117Members
    I"m having connection issues now as well.
  • AeroAero Join Date: 2010-11-21 Member: 75118Members
    Same here.
    I completely acknowledge and respect that NS2 just "opened up" the beta recently, but having dropped thirty bucks, I was at least expecting a few minutes of gameplay. The simple fact is that every server gives me "Attempting connection..." resulting in "Cannot establish connection to server"... except for the UnknownWorlds Dev #1 server which takes a little while on "Authenticating" but at least I get into the Ready Room. But usually a minute after that, it starts spamming "Connection problem detected..." and essentially the game becomes unplayable. Naturally, this panicked me as I went to check my internet connectivity that -- as expected -- was definitely not the problem.

I'd just like to be able to play for like... a minute... or two?
    Ive been able to play a few games myself now, but the server always crashes or the server drops me.

PS: I think the aliens are OP...
  • enkoopaenkoopa Join Date: 2010-11-19 Member: 75027Members
    Yet to play a game myself.

I'd host a server but that doesn't work either.
  • KoruyoKoruyo AUT Join Date: 2009-06-06 Member: 67724Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2010
    Own servers:
    try the link in my signature...
    Firewall setup is a big tip.

Others:
    Also check the link but,
    Server full or couldnt establish connection to server...
    This usually happens on server that are full, high ping, or nearly full and a lot ppl try to connect, try to join empty servers if you re getting frustrated...

There are not enough servers, thats why this happens so much... esp. for us in europe :/
  • ArakashArakash Join Date: 2010-01-07 Member: 69954Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    well it is time consuming setting up a server over and over again, because it only runs for an hour at best.
    I host the "Ara's Beta Server", but i can't always check if the server crashed again, so it's natural that the number of servers are dwindling.