Manually changing settings (or a safemode)

weezlweezl Join Date: 2008-07-04 Member: 64557Members, Reinforced - Shadow
<div class="IPBDescription">locked out of the game with smaller screen</div>So i usually have the TV (1920x1080) as computer monitor, but for now i had to change to my regular monitor (1600x1200).
Since the width setting of the game doesn't fit anymore, it begins loading 1-2 secs then shuts down.

So in what file and format are the settings stored? So i can manually go and change them, if this is possible...

(and why is it so hard for ALL games to just snap to desktop res if they don't fit?)

Comments

• MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    %appdata%\Natural Selection 2\options.xml
  • weezlweezl Join Date: 2008-07-04 Member: 64557Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    it worked, thx!

for me it was "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Natural Selection 2\"
    but writing just "%appdata%\Natural Selection 2\" also seems to work
  • FaskaliaFaskalia Wechsellichtzeichenanlage Join Date: 2004-09-12 Member: 31651Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1806075:date=Nov 17 2010, 03:25 PM:name=weezl)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (weezl @ Nov 17 2010, 03:25 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1806075"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->it worked, thx!

for me it was "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Natural Selection 2\"
    but writing just "%appdata%\Natural Selection 2\" also seems to work<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Because you are exited about system variables, here is a bunch more for folders:

ALLUSERSPROFILE
    COMMONPROGRAMFILES
    HOMEDRIVE
    HOMEPATH
    LOCALAPPDATA
    PROGRAMFILES
    TMP
    TEMP
    WINDIR

;)