Editor performance of After Alpah 152 update ?

yimmasabiyimmasabi Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58318Members
edited October 2010 in Mapping
I installed Windows 7 and i think i didnt run Editor till this Patch or I dont remember if i did.

Anyway I found that Editor is very slow and harddisk is much more busy. Also while the graphics of NS2
is set to "Ridiclously Awfull" , still textures of Editor is seems like high quality . I want to design in Texture Lit mode but I cant in this version, it is very slow. Previous version has enough speed to handle map last map in Texture Lit mode.

I think there should be a set for texture quality.
Guys do you have same problem with this new version ?

CPU: Single Core FX57 2.8 Ghz
GPU: Nvidia 8800 GT 512 MB 128bit DX10
RAM: 3 GB

Comments

• SgtBarlowSgtBarlow Level Designer Join Date: 2003-11-13 Member: 22749Members, NS2 Developer
    Editor has its own texture setting in Tools > Settings | General

The editor has always been unbareably slow with shadows on, Therefore you now have this speedy option:

Viewport > Show Shadows

or in the viewport: Prospective > Show Shadows
  • yimmasabiyimmasabi Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58318Members
    Thank you SgtBarlow, but I want to design with shadows. And I was able to do that with previous one, new one is really slow in Texture Lit mode in comparison. What about yours ?

Do you have same performance ?
  • SgtBarlowSgtBarlow Level Designer Join Date: 2003-11-13 Member: 22749Members, NS2 Developer
    I work with them off, then turn them on only when working with soemthing shadow specific.
  • yimmasabiyimmasabi Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58318Members
    Ok I found an option at Tools - Settings - "Texture Quality"

After making it "Low" everything is ok again :)