Constant minimizing / maximizing

tech_burntech_burn Join Date: 2009-10-27 Member: 69148Members
Hey I've got an issue with NS whenever I die. Basically whenever I am dead or I am reinforcing and see the spectator menu, my game minimizes and maximizes very rapidly over and over until I re-spawn. Sometimes it will just force minimize and I can no longer play the game.

I am running windows 7 64 bit.
Two EVGA 8800GT's in Sli
Have the latest drivers etc.
gammaramp has nothing to do with this issue.

I do not have this problem running in a windowed mode. Sometimes if I toggle first person on the spectator mode while waiting to spawn (very hard to do while constantly minimizing) it fixes the problem.

Any suggestions for a fix or better workaround would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Comments

• tech_burntech_burn Join Date: 2009-10-27 Member: 69148Members
    edited November 2010
    Many thanks for the pointless responses. Trololololololololo

I still have this rather unpleasant problem. Nobody has any idea? Not even a standard generic response?
    Hell even another troll post would be welcomed at this point.
    Well I hope all of your games spam minimizing / maximizing bugs that render your games useless. And you have no fun at all and wonder oh god why.
    GOOD DAY.
  • InsaneInsane Anomaly Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    Sorry about the spam. I wish I had something to say about your actual problem, but I've never seen it before.
    Well thanks for the reply at least :S I have a feeling its something to do with the fact I have a dual monitor setup / some kind of conflict with graphics card settings. Wish I knew where to start.
  • GorginatorGorginator Join Date: 2010-07-03 Member: 72241Members
    edited November 2010
    I'm not sure if this will fix your problem or not but it may be worth a try.

Go to your half-life folder, on hl.exe right click > properties > compatibility > check "Disable desktop composition"(Note, I do not know if it's called that in "Windows 7", I know this is an option for Vista though). You can uncheck it back if that doesn't fix the problem.

What that does is disables Windows Aero when you launch NS(or any hl mod for that matter), Windows Aero will be re-enabled when you exit out of HL.

I had a problem where every time I launched a full screen game, it kept minimizing(I had to keep maximizing it back but it kept minimizing again most of the time). I did the above(Disable desktop composition) and it fixed the problem.

(Note - I'm on Vista but 7 may have a similar setting).

Of course my problem was different but since it's related to minimizing, it is worth a try I guess.

If you do not see an option for "Disable desktop composition", try temporarily disabling Windows Aero and see if that fixes the minimizing problem.
    Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately it didn't fix the problem. I know it has something to do with first person spectator mode while you are dead. (only in fullscreen) It is a very specific bug. Just don't know what function of the game is conflicting with my graphics cards.

Only fix I have found so far is running in windowed mod (ugh) and changing spectator mode to overview. Is there a command that forces spectator mode to be viewed in overview mode?

If I play any combat style maps I am literally screwed as there is no map overview for co maps.