To: complainers on NS2 realease dates

2»

Comments

• Antonio Gramscix420Antonio Gramscix420 Join Date: 2010-07-19 Member: 72554Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1801894:date=Oct 18 2010, 10:00 AM:name=social3ngin33rin)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (social3ngin33rin @ Oct 18 2010, 10:00 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1801894"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I personally wish everyone will stop whining about how long NS2 team is taking to create the game
    The company is doing a great job considering it has limited funds for development.
    Even companies with lots of funds takes a long time to release the next game!!!!
    A GREAT example of this would be Blizzard, after a decade, is releasing SC2 part 1 (Terran)

If you rush making the game you're going to get ###### results,
    with lots of mistakes that weren't fixed due to pushed production time schedules.
    Then all the people who whined about wanting the beta or the game to be released will call the game crappy, &
    consider it a waste of their time/ money.
    During that time, paid game reviewers will PUBLISH bad reviews to the general public calling the long anticipated game
    a FAILURE or a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT compared to their old original counterpart NS.
    They will likely attribute it to the pushed production of the game & not taking the time to really tune it up for production.
    This will only DESTROY a GREAT game title & cause the company to lose sales on NS2...

I'm sure i missed a lot of the points I wanted to make because I have a cluttered mind, but
    the best thing to do is stop complaining so much and enjoy NS or some other game while you wait :)
    When beta is announced you will be that much more surprised and happy to hear it.

Love you Team NS :)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

wtf is this written in verse?
  • Antonio Gramscix420Antonio Gramscix420 Join Date: 2010-07-19 Member: 72554Members
    Dear Original Poster: your meter is completely off-kilter, especially in the second stanza, and I really just don't understand why you begin with a quatrain, move to an octave, and finish with a tercet. Consider a complete rewrite, please.
  • DarkATiDarkATi Revelation 22:17 Join Date: 2003-06-20 Member: 17532Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2010
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Gabe [Newell] said they [VALVe] began working on Half-life 2 almost immediately after Half-life 1 was finished and released.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It takes a long time to make a good game. The only major mistake that UWE possibly made was the decision to open their development process up to the general public. Valve does not do this. Why? Because, Valve knows that the general public is impatient, unsupportive, and (let's face it) rather whiny.

Just take a chill pill and check back later.
  • crodecrode Join Date: 2002-11-09 Member: 7876Members
    The success or failure long-term is going to be based on the content. The maps. The balance, game play code and engine can be fixed and patched easily enough with the few developers they currently have. Unfortunately, I don't see how they can pump out enough high quality maps alone. That is where the community comes in and why I am still here.
  • LazerLazer Join Date: 2003-03-11 Member: 14406Members, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    Still working on my map... progress is kinda slow though been finishing up my last semester and haven't had too much time to work on it. I think this new patch will give me some motivation to finish up and get out a playtestable version for layout feedback etc. :)
  • scorpydudescorpydude Join Date: 2005-03-05 Member: 43603Members
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I think everyone understands that it takes time to develop a game. The impatience is growing out of unfulfilled promises. Release was supposed to be last year, alpha was released unplayable but with a promise of weekly patches... I know there are other dates that never happened. All of this after a lot of us bought the game believing it was near ready, at least playable.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Agreed.
  • rebirthrebirth Join Date: 2007-09-23 Member: 62416Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1802677:date=Oct 25 2010, 11:22 PM:name=minim)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (minim @ Oct 25 2010, 11:22 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1802677"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Treyarch...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Activision...

I would have no problem supporting IW/Treyarch if activision wouldn't be involved...