Death Penalty?

2»

Comments

• HarimauHarimau Join Date: 2007-12-24 Member: 63250Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1796512:date=Aug 27 2010, 11:36 PM:name=Scythe)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scythe @ Aug 27 2010, 11:36 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1796512"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Note that RFK is only given as one resource type, the type used to buy guns. It's not the resource type used to buy buildings or tech upgrades. This means that the marine team still needs map control to progress techwise, but RFK helps them out in the guns department.

Subject to change, o'course.

--Scythe--<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    It's good the way it is, then.
  • sparkzbarcasparkzbarca Join Date: 2010-09-09 Member: 73949Members
    actually i'd say the way it is it's a really good system.

because it rewards doing something good as a player yourself but it strongly encourages that those actions contribute to the overall team itself.

ONLY KILL RAMBO
    If all you do is rambo kill no matter how good you are the tech lock means your quickly going to run into a ceiling where no amount of kills can help you progress your character. If you stay there for too long the enemy team can begin to get the higher lifeforms which can make up for there poor skill allowing them to overcome you anyways.

ONLY SUPPORT NEWBIE
    If you only focus on teamplay and building resources the tech tree will increase and even without that many kills hopefully the commander can still uses primary resources to drop you weapons (I know the secondary buys only weapons, I was hoping the primary could still be used for both, so the commander can supplement your weapon-loadout himself, it would be particularly needed if you jumped in mid-game) that plus things like permanant research bonuses that simply increase armour or damage would mean even a poor player would constantly improve.

lastly if you mix both which is what the game encourages by making you want to gain the primary res to research the tech and then the secondary res to actually have the tech your not forced to go it alone (which you shouldnt be, your rewarded for doing the right thing, the only real punishment for doing the wrong is not having the reward for doing it right) but its strongly encouraged.
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    Yeah dieing is loss enough in it self, losing a "evolve" or marine gear + time. I would say that NS has one of the biggest death penalties compared to other games.