I'm disapointed in unkown worlds for raising the price.

13»

Comments

• BisclavretBisclavret Join Date: 2010-07-29 Member: 73344Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1794560:date=Aug 16 2010, 11:25 AM:name=Bacillus)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bacillus @ Aug 16 2010, 11:25 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1794560"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->For example nobody has any trouble in squeezing 5 bucks to buy a DLC for a game, but publishing DLC on the release day of the game could still be seen as a little questionable business.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Oblivion Horse Armor. 'nuff said.
  • Chris0132Chris0132 Join Date: 2009-07-25 Member: 68262Members
    I really don't have a problem with release day DLC, if I don't want it I don't buy it, which I usually don't. Sometimes I do want it so I do buy it, just as I do with any other DLC.

DLC is buying more bits for your game that you want, if they don't release anything you want, you don't have to buy any of it.
  • elodeaelodea Editlodea Join Date: 2009-06-20 Member: 67877Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    money has time value! so the price increase realy isnt that much to compare to..
  • derWalterderWalter Join Date: 2008-10-29 Member: 65323Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1794274:date=Aug 15 2010, 12:49 AM:name=DarkSpirit)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DarkSpirit @ Aug 15 2010, 12:49 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1794274"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I've been waiting for two years for Natural Selection 2. I have wonderful memories of playing the original. Regardless I refuse to buy NS2 at its new price. I will not pay more just because I decided not to pre-order.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<a href="http://www.tmonews.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Vader-makes-no-sense.-757597.jpg" target="_blank">http://www.tmonews.com/wp-content/uploads/...nse.-757597.jpg</a>

this picture makes more sense than your post!
  • NeoSniperNeoSniper Join Date: 2005-06-02 Member: 52976Members
    edited August 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1794452:date=Aug 15 2010, 06:54 PM:name=Turbosniglen)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Turbosniglen @ Aug 15 2010, 06:54 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1794452"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->OP is overreacting, I spent 40 dollars for the game I don't feel ripped off.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    You me and about 95% of pre-orders iirc.

I'm disappointed with the OP just "waiting" for this game. This not some EA/Activision game that's pre funded regardless of sales... it's an indie game. The pre-order money actually counts for the devs. If you really want this game to BE you should pre-order and support the INDIE team. Simple as that. Most of us that DID actually paid $40 for it anyway.

$35 is still a great deal for what NS2 is potentially going to be. $20 was almost literally a steal, but it had risks so that's ok.

On a related note: there's this new game called "Blacklight tango down" that's a military multiplayer shooter and it came out at $15 through digital distribution only. In an interview one of the developers on the game mentioned this effect that people where actually being turned off by the low price point. Like they don't believe the game will deliver on what it says it delivers because it's just too cheap. Food for thought.
  • barmanbarman Join Date: 2003-05-21 Member: 16558Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1794306:date=Aug 14 2010, 10:50 PM:name=Comprox)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Comprox @ Aug 14 2010, 10:50 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1794306"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Ok, first off guys. Let's try and be nice to the new guy, ok?

Yes, the price went up as it usually does with any pre-order. They gave a steep discount as people were pre-ordering a game based off one trailer and no actual gameplay footage itself. I think that requires a big incentive to get people to drop their money down. On top of that, they waited over a year before they got their hands on the alpha of the game. We're dealing with a full fledged FPS and then a full tech-tree RTS on top of that (literally) which means this is not your $20 indie game, but at $35 this is still almost half the price of many new games coming out these days.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The quality of this game just in Alpha with 2 patches is already worth the money I spent to pre-order. When NS2 is actually COMPLETE, it will definitely rival the $49.99 game market for bang for the buck.

Your disappointment is very lack luster to say the least due to the fact you had a year or more to pre-order from a trailer. Now that you've seen in game footage and people with the Alpha playing you want to purchase and get in?

Go look on steam at pre-orders for brand new games of this caliber and watch the price go up just like NS2. At least it's still NOT $50 AND it's a better game in alpha than most complete ones out right now!

That being said, you snooze you lose! Cheap ass.
  • barmanbarman Join Date: 2003-05-21 Member: 16558Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1794669:date=Aug 17 2010, 02:55 AM:name=NeoSniper)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NeoSniper @ Aug 17 2010, 02:55 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1794669"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->On a related note: there's this new game called "Blacklight tango down" that's a military multiplayer shooter and it came out at $15 through digital distribution only. In an interview one of the developers on the game mentioned this effect that people where actually being turned off by the low price point. Like they don't believe the game will deliver on what it says it delivers because it's just too cheap. Food for thought.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You know this is a VERY good point, and guess what, it didn't deliver at all. I bought this game thinking it will be fun but the controls are ###### and based for controllers not KB+MS. The game play was horrible and the sound effects are cheap.

I wish I saved my $15, would have rather donated to NS2.
  • TheGivingTreeTheGivingTree Join Date: 2003-01-09 Member: 12070Members
    edited August 2010
    You have no one to blame but yourself, they let everyone know ahead of time, and even sent out emails stating that the price will be increased. If you chose not to take advantage of this deal then it is your problem not theirs. Do you get pissed at Pepsi and refuse to buy their product if YOU happen to miss a sale they are having during a specific time?

They were nice enough to lower the price, let us be a part of beta, alpha and their engine as they went along, and your going to be as ungrateful as to make a post like this?
  • UbOteXUbOteX Join Date: 2010-07-27 Member: 73254Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1794274:date=Aug 15 2010, 10:49 AM:name=DarkSpirit)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DarkSpirit @ Aug 15 2010, 10:49 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1794274"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I've been waiting for two years for Natural Selection 2. I have wonderful memories of playing the original. Regardless I refuse to buy NS2 at its new price. I will not pay more just because I decided not to pre-order.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ok mate well those who pre-ordered the game are funding its development so its only fair they get a discounted price. You sound like such an avid supporter of natural selection and unknown worlds so my question to you is, why havn't you pre-ordered the game? So stop whining you had over a year to pre-order don't like it, don't play.
  • c0kec0ke Join Date: 2004-07-02 Member: 29676Members
    wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww 4 pages of TRASH
  • DJPenguinDJPenguin Useless Join Date: 2003-07-29 Member: 18538Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1794702:date=Aug 17 2010, 07:11 AM:name=c0ke)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (c0ke @ Aug 17 2010, 07:11 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1794702"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww 4 pages of TRASH<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Just 96 more pages to go so we can publish <i>Chicken Soup for the Soul: Redundancy</i>
  • xposed-xposed- Join Date: 2007-09-23 Member: 62412Members, Constellation
    tl;dr

OP is a ######
  • TalesinTalesin Our own little well of hate Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7710NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators
    Yeah, pretty sure we're done here.

<!--coloro:red--><span style="color:red"><!--/coloro-->*LOCKED.*<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
This discussion has been closed.