alien spawn system

c0kec0ke Join Date: 2004-07-02 Member: 29676Members
<div class="IPBDescription">manual respawns</div>everyone knows the problems of the current spawn-system: spawncamp is hard to avoid, AFKs are free res-for-kills for the marines

so please add a system, where the hive "creates" you, and as soon as you are complete, you <b>can</b> respawn by pressing E or something else - no automatic respawn after you've been "created" like it is now

this allows the aliens to spawn a lot of players at once, without highering the spawn ratio, adding invincebility, umbra, an extra alien-beacon or anything else very "smart" to the game

mhkTHX

Comments

• alphzalphz Join Date: 2009-11-09 Member: 69329Members
    I think this is a really cool idea, when players respawn they take control of one of the nymphs floating around the hive and fly somewhere and click to form into an egg and spawn.
  • NeXuZNeXuZ Join Date: 2003-08-12 Member: 19594Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1792285:date=Aug 6 2010, 09:41 AM:name=alphz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (alphz @ Aug 6 2010, 09:41 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1792285"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I think this is a really cool idea, when players respawn they take control of one of the nymphs floating around the hive and fly somewhere and click to form into an egg and spawn.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

thats a nice idea.. but should be limited to a sertant range of the hive. so aliens dont sneak up close to marine base, spwan as egg, then evlove to fade/onos then suprise attck em.
  • c0kec0ke Join Date: 2004-07-02 Member: 29676Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1792346:date=Aug 6 2010, 07:12 AM:name=NeXuZ)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NeXuZ @ Aug 6 2010, 07:12 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1792346"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->thats a nice idea.. but should be limited to a sertant range of the hive. so aliens dont sneak up close to marine base, spwan as egg, then evlove to fade/onos then suprise attck em.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

ofc
    it would be like the current spawnsystem, with the exception of manually choosing WHEN you actually respawn, after the hive "created" you
  • BRICEBRICE Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72453Members
    it doesnt change the game even though it does . simply +1
  • PapayasPapayas Join Date: 2010-07-01 Member: 72219Members
    edited August 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1792285:date=Aug 6 2010, 08:41 AM:name=alphz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (alphz @ Aug 6 2010, 08:41 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1792285"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I think this is a really cool idea, when players respawn they take control of one of the nymphs floating around the hive and fly somewhere and click to form into an egg and spawn.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Great idea but I think you can only spawn 25m or something away from the hive (If not that far).
    They also said that we could choose what egg we spawn from but with this we can choose <b>where</b> we spawn from.

On a plus side, I don't think they would have to create a new model and the only 'move' it will have is transforming into an egg. To be honest, I couldn't care if it had a 1st person model or not (what you can see on the screen when playing, like the gun, or teeth. I am not sure what it is called)

What about placing your egg on the walls or ceiling?
    I don't think you should be allowed to.
  • Donner & BlitzenDonner & Blitzen Join Date: 2010-03-08 Member: 70879Members
    edited August 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1793481:date=Aug 11 2010, 03:42 AM:name=grace01)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (grace01 @ Aug 11 2010, 03:42 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1793481"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->SEO advert deleted<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I think this is the best idea regarding alien spawn systems yet!
  • Voyager IVoyager I Join Date: 2009-11-02 Member: 69222Members
    Seconding the idea of letting the player control the glowie that become their egg to make spawn camping harder.
  • Raza.Raza. Join Date: 2004-01-24 Member: 25663Members, Constellation
    Sounds like you guys haven't tried the alpha yet. :P

Aliens respawn inside one of the eggs around the hive and have to press 'fire' to hatch.
    What I don't know is what happens if someone kills the egg while you're inside.
    Tried to test it, but no one's playing atm.