Game Speed

ThaldarinThaldarin Alonzi! Join Date: 2003-07-15 Member: 18173Members, Constellation
<div class="IPBDescription">Simple.</div>Just a quick idea here to throw an extra RTS element in to gameplay,

Slow/Medium/Fast.

The rate at which resources are gathered on a server and buildings are created.

Why? RTS/FPS elements are simpler now and have less to do with each other, might be an interesting dynamic. Just a thought.

Comments

• BacillusBacillus Join Date: 2006-11-02 Member: 58241Members
    I don't think it's going to be possible to completely balance out the game for different tech speeds. I'd like to have the devs focus on that one specific style of gameplay they choose and let the modding community handle the rest. Creating only somewhat supported branches of official gameplay creates too much of confusion and mess in my opinion.
  • spellman23spellman23 NS1 Theorycraft Expert Join Date: 2007-05-17 Member: 60920Members
    This works on more symmetrical games, i.e. Empires, but I'm not sure it will work on NS2.

I haven't done explicit tests yet, but I'm pretty sure Skulks still move faster than Marines. So just modifying tech/build speeds can amplify the end game and remove some of the early advantages that the faster Kharaa need to exploit to get into position.