modding contests?

FehaFeha Join Date: 2006-11-16 Member: 58633Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Podcast mentioned fx needed</div>In the podcast it was mentioned they hoped for the community to make alot of content they could use with the cinematic editor.
So I was thinking, what if uwe made official contests where (artistic) modders could try and make neat stuff, and the price would be that it is included into ns2 alpha, and possibly even survives to the full version, altough it is an alpha, so it is very likely the fx would be removed at some point, as maybe the entity using the fx is removed, or similar.

tl;dr
I think that making contest would be a good way to encourage modding (even if there is no price), especially if it is official contests made by UWE, and even more if the fx might be included into the alpha.

Comments

• FehaFeha Join Date: 2006-11-16 Member: 58633Members
    You do understand that this was an idea huh? Not an actuall contest. What is it you didnt understand before that this made you understand?
  • LooSikLooSik Join Date: 2008-08-22 Member: 64866Members
    I bet his a bot lol... just look through his posts + his sig.
  • NeXuZNeXuZ Join Date: 2003-08-12 Member: 19594Members
    edited August 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1791440:date=Aug 4 2010, 05:26 AM:name=Feha)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Feha @ Aug 4 2010, 05:26 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1791440"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You do understand that this was an idea huh? Not an actuall contest. What is it you didnt understand before that this made you understand?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

and here dide he say that??

Only read if as in:

"what if uwe made official contests"

Oh i think he understands.

But to OP

Yeah that would be nice with a contest, not now. but closer to beta or something. And yeah think should get a few into moding with ns2.

PS:

i have not listen to the podcast yet. so if he did not understand, then ill stand corrected. But the idea of one is nice.
  • FehaFeha Join Date: 2006-11-16 Member: 58633Members
    The guys post seemed to have disapere, what a shame :(.

Now I look like a lunatic talking to myself :P.

For those who didnt listen to the podcast:
    In the podcast it was said that they lacked cinematic effects, and that they kind of hoped for more people to have played around with it and created fx they could use.

This was an idea how uwe could encourage such modding XD.
  • NeXuZNeXuZ Join Date: 2003-08-12 Member: 19594Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1791639:date=Aug 4 2010, 04:47 PM:name=Feha)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Feha @ Aug 4 2010, 04:47 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1791639"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The guys post seemed to have disapere, what a shame :(.

Now I look like a lunatic talking to myself :P.

For those who didnt listen to the podcast:
    In the podcast it was said that they lacked cinematic effects, and that they kind of hoped for more people to have played around with it and created fx they could use.

This was an idea how uwe could encourage such modding XD.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

first, yeah kinda looks like it.

snd.

I think im going to listen to the podcast this weekend or when i get time.